Spam in nopCommerce Inbox

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I have received a Spam in nopCommerce inbox!

Here is the message:

Subject: miss judy robert

How is your day today? My name is Miss Judy Robert. Am 24 years of age. Single and never been married before.
I am from Ivory Coast in west Africa and presently residing in the N’dioum refugee camp here in Ivory Coast  where i am seeking political asylum due to the war that was fought in my country .
I am in suffering and pains here in this camp and i really need to have somebody by my side to encourage me and give me good advice in life and help me to come out from this situation.
My late father Dr Josph Robert was the chairman/ managing director of (TOURE INDUSTRIAL COMPANY LTD), in Abidjan economic capital of my Country, and he was also the personal adviser to the former head of state before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and father in a cold blood.
It is only me that is alive now  .This Refugee Camp is headed by a Reverend Father, i used his office computer to send you this email and i only enter his office when he is less busy in his office.
I would like to know more about you, your likes and dislikes, your hobbies and what you are doing presently. I like to meet understanding, loyal, sincere, trustworthy, kind, friendly and more to that, somebody of vision and truth. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.Please reply me on my privet email   [email protected]

UserID: judy2
The message ID is: 13213

The message is very similar to the Spam reported here: http://www.419scam.org/emails/2013-02/16/00373744.16.htm

I request nop team to look into this before they send it to more users.
10 years ago
Hi Krunal,

Thanks for reporting. I also received such PM. I see that this user registered two accounts (banned already) and sent about 20 messages.

P.S. I can also say that nopCommerce official site already had a protection against such spammers. You cannot send only one PM per minute.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Krunal,

Thanks for reporting. I also received such PM. I see that this user registered two accounts (banned already) and sent about 20 messages.

P.S. I can also say that nopCommerce official site already had a protection against such spammers. You cannot send only one PM per minute.

Glad to know that. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.