This error can be caused by a virtual directory and GoDaddy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I am attempting to do a manual install on GoDaddy using version 1.4.  Using a posting by leesh695 on Monday, September 07, 2009 6:02 AM on this thread

I FTP'd the nopCommerce files into a nopCommerce folder in my root folder.  Seeing some of the threads about GoDaddy, virtual directory, etc., but I am a newbie and just don't understand any of it.  Should we not even be trying to install v1.4 on GoDaddy at this time?

I'm getting this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 90:       </expressionBuilders>
Line 91:     </compilation>
Line 92:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 93:       <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 94:     </authentication>

Source File: D:\Hosting\5562047\html\nopcommerce\web.config    Line: 92

Show Additional Configuration Errors:

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured

[/code]

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
14 years ago
I got this same error when I was trying to install the application on my local machine, in fact the same line.

What I did to resolve the problem was I moved all of the files from the folder nopCommerceStore and put them in the root of the application. That resolved the error for me.

Obviously, this error has nothing to do with godaddy or virtual directory.
14 years ago
There are some errors that are caused by an incorrect path.

defaultUrl="~/default.aspx

The ~/ is causing it to look for this file somewhere it is not and is not finding it. That's my guess.
14 years ago
Thank you, dpdoug!!  I moved the files out of the subdirectory and just put them at the root.  The installation video showed them putting them in a Shop folder so I thought that was the best way to set it up.  

Once I got rid of the subdirectory, it seems to be working on GoDaddy with Version 1.4 manual install following those excellent instructions in the link someone else posted.  The link to that thead with the instructions is in my initial posting.

Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.