Hole In One Society Store

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
http://store.holeinonesociety.org/default.aspx (launching today!!)

Implemented the following customizations:

- Laid the ground work for multi-storefront.  Extended the database to hold "Storefront" names which are associated with categories, products, etc.  The site sends its store name in with each DB call and only pulls down products for its store.  Early testing showed that storefronts hosted on the same domain can share a shopping cart, but this customer just wanted a single admin area to manage all storefronts (more coming later)

- Customization Entry:
http://store.holeinonesociety.org/Products/96-hole-in-one-society-award-pewter-plate.aspx
Items added to the Awards category automatically get the customization fields.  User can proof their entries as they type, and all information is stored in a custom Session Object so it can be populated through-out the site.  Once added to the cart, its converted to XML and stored with the product attributes XML for each cart item.  Its then spit back out in the cart and receipt for customer review.

- Custom items added to cart.  Changed the default behavior of items added to the cart.  Any item that qualifies for customization is added as a new line item, regardless of whether it is already in the cart.  This allows the same item with different custom text to be added to the cart.

- Custom left navigation.  Re-worked the left nav to customer specs.  Now it shows the parent category and the product underneath which is a link to the product page

- Custom CSS
14 years ago
Hi there,

very nice work on the Custom Items. Thats really what I need to do too. (I will need custom drawn pictures according to prodcut dimensions).
I wish you could share your modifications with us.

Thanks in advance
14 years ago
What particular items are you interested in?
14 years ago
Hi robotdogdesign,

I would be interested in the handling of the trophy-text:

- the updating of the proof-text (via session object?)
- the additions to the shopping cart for showing the proof
- if you use the nop attributes for storing the text, can you have other 'normal' attributes?

any help would be nice. I think this could be useful for other nop users, as I have not seen this anywhere else in the forum.

Thanks in advance an good luck with your store
14 years ago
Hi there robotdogdesign I have a 2 questions for you if you'd please read them and respond I would be most grateful to you. I have worked for god only knows how long trying to send email from the website it's not funny 1) Does the hole in one's contact us page work and 2) if so what steps you had to perform to get it to work properly, you see I also host over at GoDaddy and have yet got to be able to get the (contact us page) to work and send the viewers information. Well thank you for all your time thanks a bunch !

Travel Atlantic
14 years ago
Sorry folks, I'm still going to post that info, just crazy busy these days.  Actually working on my next installation!

@Travel Atlantic
The contact form works fine in v1.40.  v1.30 did not work, but the latest version is fine.
14 years ago
"- Custom left navigation.  Re-worked the left nav to customer specs.  Now it shows the parent category and the product underneath which is a link to the product page"

Hey Robot, how was this done as I am interested in changing the "Information" links. If you wouldn't mind telling me.

Thanks very much

Adrian
14 years ago
website looks great
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.