NopCommerce 3.2 installation on goDady web hosting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Even though I can properly run and publish nopCommerce 3.2 on VS 2012, I could not deploy the solution to the goDady's web hosting service. I followed the instructions as below and checked all the files that I uploaded but it didn't work. (500 internal sever error). When I talked to support people at goDady, they blamed the code that I uploaded. Can anyone tell me what do I have to do for simply publishing the application. Also if you could recommend a hosting provider I will be appreciated.

1. Open the solution in Visual Studio
2. Re-build the entire solution
3. Publish the "Nop.Web" project from Visual Studio
P.S. When publishing ensure that configuration is set to "Release"

Thanks!

Engin
10 years ago
please explain a little more, what doesn't work, what errors you see, can you start the setup, have you prepared your database
10 years ago
Thanks for your reply. I couldn't progress at all even could not get installation page. So it could not install the database. Before I deploy my nopcommerce solution, I wanted to try with a clean basic installation but it keeps giving 500 internal server error. I have never used shared web hosting, after uploading the the files I checked the permissions as well but could not see any problem.

It should be like that I know but if you can give me instructions then I can try again.
10 years ago
Please check your detail error in server.. If you are using a shared hosting, ask your provider to help you. Or you can following this step:
1.set the NTFS permissions
2.check the event log
3.verify the permissions for the DLL
4.install the .NET Extensibility feature,it is optional as the premise is the request is mapped to a managed handler
5.create a tracing rule
10 years ago
I have the same problem and I didn't realise how to fix it even though I asked to godaddy's staff.
They blame to my source code and they told me there's nothing they can do for me.
I have a question, my godaddy account is for webspace working with ASP.net framework 4.0 but nopcommerce source script is written with framework 4.5... could that be the problem?

I'm trying to publish nopcommerce source code on my godaddy's webspace since a couple of months and I'm really stessed... please someone can help me with that?

thanks a lot

Alberto
10 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I have the same problem and I didn't realise how to fix it even though I asked to godaddy's staff.
They blame to my source code and they told me there's nothing they can do for me.
I have a question, my godaddy account is for webspace working with ASP.net framework 4.0 but nopcommerce source script is written with framework 4.5... could that be the problem?

I'm trying to publish nopcommerce source code on my godaddy's webspace since a couple of months and I'm really stessed... please someone can help me with that?

thanks a lot

Alberto

Have you contact their support team? I can run my nopcommerce site on asphostportal without any problem. Please just make sure you give full permission on your site. I dont know whether godaddy support full trust or not
10 years ago
I had contact with them but after a first try modifying my web.config file, they blame to my source code because of other Criptic errors that occurred.
You say that i have to check file permissions when publishing... Can you better explain that please? Because I'm not sure to have well understud the things to do for set all the correct permissions of my files and folders...

Thanks a lot for you time and help.

Alberto
10 years ago
GoDaddy help desk is the worst ever! It was so frustrating for me to deal with them. They keep blaming the code but eventually by chance I found some people who have knowledge about server management. Then I asked him to give full permissions to the following folders. Then the issue was fixed! However, if you are not lucky enough, you may get answered by a dummy person and he/she may refuse to help you. So keep calling them until you find the right person to help you. By the way there is nothing wrong with their .Net framework. It works for the latest version of nopCommerce (3.3).

Folders need to be given full permission:
1) App_Data
2) Content
3) Plugins
4) Themes

There might be an unnecessary folder in the above list but it worked for me.

Good luck...
10 years ago
Thanks a lot esahinel,
I'm sorry with that, but I tried to give full permissions to all the folders I uploaded to the web server but I don't know if I have done correctly...
I changed permissions of the folders through FileZilla and FTP connection right clicking to the folders and changing the permissions properties. Is that the correct procedure? Because it doesn't work as well :-(
Could you describe to me the step by step procedure with which you changed the folders permissions?
:-) thanks a lot for your help and time :-)

Alberto
10 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Thanks a lot esahinel,
I'm sorry with that, but I tried to give full permissions to all the folders I uploaded to the web server but I don't know if I have done correctly...
I changed permissions of the folders through FileZilla and FTP connection right clicking to the folders and changing the permissions properties. Is that the correct procedure? Because it doesn't work as well :-(
Could you describe to me the step by step procedure with which you changed the folders permissions?
:-) thanks a lot for your help and time :-)

Alberto

Hi Alberto,

If you unsure how to do this, please just ask the Godaddy to give full permission for you. The question is do they provide full trust hosting? If you Plesk Control Panel, you can grant full permission via File manager--> httpdocs--> find the folder that you want to give permission.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.