Payment Method Help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I have a payment gateway that does implement a VOID option.

I created a payment gateway ... that part works

But when I tell the plugin it can do voids.  I do not see a void by where the payment is shown in the order.

Can someone same me the time and tell me how VOIDs are wired up in NopCom or what the expected UI/work flow is for VOID.

Thanks
Jonathon
10 years ago
"Void" button is displayed only when a payment plugin supports it AND the current payment status is "Authorized".
If your payment status is "Paid" (e.g. captured after authorize, or immediately paid), then "refund" (not "void") is used
7 years ago
I know that this is an old thread but I have noticed that while using the Authorize.net plugin, once a credit card payment is processed successfully the status at Authorize.net is "Captured/Pending Settlement".  If "Void" only shows up when the status is "Authorized" this will not work correctly.  You can't "Refund" a payment in this status at Authorize.Net, you can only "Void" the transaction.  The status changes to "Settled" once their batch has run at the end of day processing.  

While the status is "Captured/Pending Settlement" you have to "Void" the transaction, you can't "Refund" it.
7 years ago
rwood wrote:
I know that this is an old thread but I have noticed that while using the Authorize.net plugin, once a credit card payment is processed successfully the status at Authorize.net is "Captured/Pending Settlement".  If "Void" only shows up when the status is "Authorized" this will not work correctly.  You can't "Refund" a payment in this status at Authorize.Net, you can only "Void" the transaction.  The status changes to "Settled" once their batch has run at the end of day processing.  

While the status is "Captured/Pending Settlement" you have to "Void" the transaction, you can't "Refund" it.

One other note...

The transaction mode that the plugin is setup in is "Authorize And Capture".  If I set the transaction mode to just "Authorize" then the status is Authorized so the "Void" button does display.  We have hundreds of clients and they don't want to use just the "Authorize" mode.  This is efficient for them.  They would need to be in the "Authorize And Capture" mode.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.