Different fields for shipping & billings address

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Is it possible to have different fields for billing & shipping address steps ?

Setting from "Customer settings" affect both steps.
10 years ago
No, it's not possible out of the box
4 years ago
Hello guys, I know this is a quite old post but I'd like to push it up because this is a huge issue especially for Italian E-commerce, we need to ask clients if they want invoice or not (it's not mandatory).
In that case we need to collect data like SDI code, PEC, VAT and Fiscal Code. Those data are "no-sense" in shipping information.

Is there anybody who achieved it or something similar with NOP?

Using 4.20

P.S. for future release, checkout process is not so flexible... or easy to customize.
4 years ago
You can consider requesting the required information on customer registration.

Admin > Menu > Customer Settings > Customer form fields

This information can the be inserted to you templates us %Customer.CustomAttributes%
4 years ago
I need to enable checkout as a guest... but thanks for the tip!
I'm seriously considering to realize an "italian checkout plugin"... :)
4 years ago
arkomedia wrote:
we need to ask clients if they want invoice or not (it's not mandatory).
In that case we need to collect data like SDI code, PEC, VAT and Fiscal Code.

What about checkout attributes and condition?
First, create new attribute with radiobutton (so only one option may be chosen), asking if want to get invoice and default value set to no.

If someone will check option to get, then other attributes will be shown - how? Use condition to show fields only for specific value of another checkout attribue.

Simply solution available by default.

Regards,
Tom
4 years ago
Hi Tom, thanks... actually this is exactly what I've done but unfortunately this is not enough.
Ideally I need different fields in billing and shipping address, in this scenario, my client could store correctly billing informations and shipping informations.
Using checkout attributes I won't be able to save data for next purchases.

Having said that, checkout attributes it's my temporary solution but I strongly recommend nop developers to consider the possibility to create different custom fields for shipping and billing address.... for instance: why should i set my email in shipping address?

Nop is amazing but i think that data storage, customization and organization in checkout process could be a bit better... the only weak point I found at the moment.
4 years ago
Currently in nopCommerce, and address is an address.  There is no distinction for shipping vs billing address.  In the checkout process, any address can be selected during billing or shipping step.  For now, you will need to customize to get want you want.
4 years ago
Thanks New York... you're right and for this reason I suggested to pay some attention to this feature because in many countries the billing informations are not a simple address, and also the email... i wouldn't add it in an "address" object, it should be separated from other data.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, I'm working on that!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.