Launched usapackaging.net with Deal of The Day

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
The site has a new module embedded.

http://www.usapackaging.net

Deal of the Day which uses Nop Commerce Schedule Tasks and couple of functions to get random product every 24 hours apply a 10 % discount on the product and display it as Deal of the Day section in home page...

Its not a fool proof method.. but has not let me down over last 6 months since the day it is live.

The site also hosts a new OnePageCheckout like armaniexchange.com

there are a few flaws like it does not support multiple addresses... but definitely not a bad one... its good and has been working without any problems.

Have a look at it as well.
10 years ago
dancinmoonlit wrote:
The site has a new module embedded.

http://www.usapackaging.net

Deal of the Day which uses Nop Commerce Schedule Tasks and couple of functions to get random product every 24 hours apply a 10 % discount on the product and display it as Deal of the Day section in home page...

Its not a fool proof method.. but has not let me down over last 6 months since the day it is live.

The site also hosts a new OnePageCheckout like armaniexchange.com

there are a few flaws like it does not support multiple addresses... but definitely not a bad one... its good and has been working without any problems.

Have a look at it as well.
10 years ago
Really like your deal of the day control.

Looks good, great for getting customers back to the site, without the maintenance of setting a product up every day.

Great work.

Declan
10 years ago
Thank you Declan
10 years ago
Great look and feel!  Good job!
10 years ago
Looks great!

Question about your scheduled task.  Does your module choose a new product at midnight?  I thought the tasks ran on an interval starting from the last time the site was restarted.  So if you restarted your site at 10pm and the interval was 24 hours, the next deal would be active at 10pm, and not at the start of the next day.

It might be nice to enhance the scheduled tasks to run on a defined schedule rather than (or in addition to) an interval.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.