New pluging raise error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I try to develop new plugin for skrills payment method. I copy paypalstandard pluging and rename as skrills. when i try to run solution i getting following error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 328:        private static Assembly PerformFileDeploy(FileInfo plug)
Line 329:        {
Line 330:            if (plug.Directory.Parent == null)
Line 331:                throw new InvalidOperationException("The plugin directory for the " + plug.Name +
Line 332:                                                    " file exists in a folder outside of the allowed nopCommerce folder heirarchy");

Source File: c:\Lakmal\Aruni\nopcommerce\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs    Line: 330

Stack Trace:
10 years ago
galgodage wrote:
I try to develop new plugin for skrills payment method. I copy paypalstandard pluging and rename as skrills. when i try to run solution i getting following error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 328:        private static Assembly PerformFileDeploy(FileInfo plug)
Line 329:        {
Line 330:            if (plug.Directory.Parent == null)
Line 331:                throw new InvalidOperationException("The plugin directory for the " + plug.Name +
Line 332:                                                    " file exists in a folder outside of the allowed nopCommerce folder heirarchy");

Source File: c:\Lakmal\Aruni\nopcommerce\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs    Line: 330

Stack Trace:

Did you change the output folder?
7 years ago
I Had this issue recently

The problem was, i had same Description.txt for two different plugins

This happened Accidentally while copying Description.txt from another plugin.

Make sure , SystemName , FriendlyName , FileName all shoul be unique for plugins.

Hope helps someone.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.