Application pool issue

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
We have reseller account on Arvixe and we are continuously facing problem with the applications with nopCommerce and it is effecting our buniness. Application pool stops and here is the log provided by Arvixe:

A worker process serving application pool 'isidesleep.com v4.0 (Classic)' has requested a recycle because it reached its private bytes memory limit.

A worker process serving application pool 'isidesleep.com v4.0 (Integrated)' has requested a recycle because it reached its private bytes memory limit.

A worker process with process id of '200380' serving application pool 'isidesleep.com v4.0 (Integrated)' was shutdown due to inactivity. Application Pool timeout configuration was set to 60 minutes. A new worker process will be started when needed.

Could you please explain why we are facing this memory limit issue only in case of nopCommerce ?
10 years ago
mahua.banerjee wrote:
We have reseller account on Arvixe and we are continuously facing problem with the applications with nopCommerce and it is effecting our buniness. Application pool stops and here is the log provided by Arvixe:

A worker process serving application pool 'isidesleep.com v4.0 (Classic)' has requested a recycle because it reached its private bytes memory limit.

A worker process serving application pool 'isidesleep.com v4.0 (Integrated)' has requested a recycle because it reached its private bytes memory limit.

A worker process with process id of '200380' serving application pool 'isidesleep.com v4.0 (Integrated)' was shutdown due to inactivity. Application Pool timeout configuration was set to 60 minutes. A new worker process will be started when needed.

Could you please explain why we are facing this memory limit issue only in case of nopCommerce ?

I couldn't say for sure, not knowing why Arvixe sets up their servers the way they do, but...why do you have two application pools (classic and integrated) for the same site? You only need the 4.0 integrated app pool to make nopcommerce run. Have them remove the classic app pool, and perhaps they will increase your private memory limit on the integrated app pool to include however much memory was allocated for the classic app pool....
10 years ago
embryo wrote:

I couldn't say for sure, not knowing why Arvixe sets up their servers the way they do, but...why do you have two application pools (classic and integrated) for the same site? You only need the 4.0 integrated app pool to make nopcommerce run. Have them remove the classic app pool, and perhaps they will increase your private memory limit on the integrated app pool to include however much memory was allocated for the classic app pool....

I believe that this is something you need to ask to your hosting provider. You may ask them how much memory you can consume on your current plan? And I think you cant setup it until 60 minutes.
10 years ago
embryo wrote:

If no sites are running under this app pool then simply having an 'idle' app pool will not consume memory.
8 years ago
I am not using a Reseller Account. I am user of Arvixe Business Class ASP account. I am too facing this issue. Initially, I contacted with Arvixe Support, in order to correct the problem. But, they failed. In fact, they blamed that it is software fault (i.e NopCommerce). In the end, I tired and just created a crone job, which emails to [email protected]. This creates a ticket and Arvixe Staff use to restart application pool of the webiste.

Now, they changed the policy.On every email to [email protected], I receive following email:
=================================================================================

Arvixe Web Hosting <[email protected]>
12:57 PM (21 hours ago)

to me
Hello,

***** NOTICE: Direct Email Ticket Creation Is Not Supported *****

Please be aware that your email was not received. In order to ensure you receive the safest and fastest support experience possible, tickets should be opened through our ticket submission forms. Please login to https://customers.arvixe.com/ to submit your request or use the following link below:

https://support.arvixe.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

For additional assistance with submitting your request please view the article below or visit our Support Portal https://support.arvixe.com/ for alternative methods.

https://support.arvixe.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/179/0/how-to-submit-a-ticket

Best Regards,
Arvixe.com

================================================================================================

So, this is Business Class ASP account with Arvixe.com.
8 years ago
Even with the Arvixe Business account, I found that they were automatically recycling sites every hour.  (They claimed it was to recover the server memory across all the sites on the server).
That and their poor support is why I moved all my accounts to SmarterAsp.net.  You can Google nopCommerce forums and see that many others did the same.
7 years ago
New York wrote:
Even with the Arvixe Business account, I found that they were automatically recycling sites every hour.  (They claimed it was to recover the server memory across all the sites on the server).
That and their poor support is why I moved all my accounts to SmarterAsp.net.  You can Google nopCommerce forums and see that many others did the same.

I second that, I lost one big client of mine who was on Arvixe Business account, and finally after barring a loss of about $3500 and losing the customer had to close the business account with Arvixe, I moved couple of my sites to SmarterAsp.net, seems to be fine at the moment and my clients and me are happy.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.