FEATURE REQUEST: Product Discontinued checkbox and message

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi guys!
this is a great feature. I'm just was looking it in admin demo page, but I can't find in product page.
How can I "create" product "discontinued"?

I need to uncheck "published"? or just "disable buy button"? Od nopcommerce demo page maybe you have "discontinued product" where can i see it?

When product Is discontinued, I'll find product in search results?
How it's works, when "discontinued" product is related product?
8 years ago
Check release note:
Added a setting indicating customers should see "discontinued" message when visiting details pages of unpublished products. For example, "Sorry - this product is no longer available" or "We're sorry but this product has been discontinued."
8 years ago
Running nop 3.7. How do you change the message text from 'Product Unpublished' to "This product is discontinued...' Right after the checkbox there should be a text box to change the string resource. I have searched for the setting and can't find it anywhere. I looked in table LocaleStringResource and found ShoppingCart.ProductUnpublished and changed the value to "This product is discontinued...' manually in SQL and that works.

I have a dev machine with 3.7 installed and ShoppingCart.ProductUnpublished does not exist in table LocaleStringResource? 'Discontinued message for unpublished products:' is checked.

The dev application was used to publish the live site so the nop 3.7 versions are identical. The dev and live databases are upgraded to nop 3.7
6 years ago
The problem I'm having is that the discontinued products I have, show up in the low stock statistics and I can't differentiate between the actual low stock products and the discontinued products.

Is there a way to archive the products I'm not using anymore? Because I do not want to delete them.
6 years ago
dushko.stanoeski wrote:
The problem I'm having is that the discontinued products I have, show up in the low stock statistics and I can't differentiate between the actual low stock products and the discontinued products.

Is there a way to archive the products I'm not using anymore? Because I do not want to delete them.

No out ofthe box. But here is a work item
6 years ago
I turned off inventory tracking, and got around that :)

Could you take a look at this as well?
6 years ago
dushko.stanoeski wrote:

Done. You can see changes here.
Thanks for the suggestion.
5 years ago
imnop wrote:
This is a great feature request and should also provide a field to redirect customer to the replacement product.

When product BP40 is changed to BP41, the BP40 page will show that the BP40 is now discontinued but it's replacment product is now BP41.  

You must keep both products in the database as the customer who has the old BP40 part ID, will search for that not knowing BP41 is the new part needed.

I know that this is a pretty old thread, but I agree with imnop's suggestion and would like to voice my support for it - it would be invaluable to both store owners and customers to see a link for a product that replaces the discontinued item directly below the discontinued message.

Possibly something like the following example mockup?:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.