Password Protecting Product Categories

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi,

I'm looking at purchasing this product for a number of client websites however I need to make sure it has a specific feature.  I need to be able to make certain categories password protected.  I don't mean just that the user needs to be logged in, they need to enter a password specific for that category in order to view what is in that category.  Is this supported or is there a way I can work around it?

Thanks
14 years ago
Hi.  This is not supported out of the box.  You would need to write some custom code to implement this.
14 years ago
Thanks for the reply, how much work would be involved in doing this? Can you give me the basics of what I'd need to do to make it work?
13 years ago
This is an old thread, but I'm looking for just that feature... I want my clients to be able to get access to only their own category. The store is for clients of the business only, where they can buy copy machine toners, paper etc. I would like give them their own categories customized after what kind of machines they use in their office - suck as "Toner for printer in reception" instead of "Toner for Printer model XXYY".

Is their any way to do this?

Thanks /Johanna
13 years ago
Such - not suck :P

And I figured it out... I hadn't really started to look at 1.9 yet as the last one I configured was a 1.8, and as it turned out - it had just what I was looking for :)
13 years ago
Now I've been looking through this for two days, and I have a little problem with how it works...

Let's say I have three categorys named after the client/customer who only has access to their own category, which I accomplish by putting them alone in a customer role that I grant access in ACL. This works fine...

But I find it a little "backwards" that I have to restrict access to those who should be locked out instead of granting access to those who should be in. That means that if I add a new customer role that should NOT have access to any of the old categories, I have to go through all the old ones and check the new customer role in the ACL.

It would feel more natural to me if I had to check the customer roles that SHOULD have access to the category. And also a "check/uncheck all" box would be very helpful.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.