v. 3.30 Problem: This webpage has a redirect loop

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I have installed 3.30 and suffering this error: This webpage has a redirect loop

I have adopted following procedure:
1. Backed-up database
2. Backed up my Image Folder
3. Backed-up my Settings.Txt and InstalledPlugins.Txt files
4. Deleted all files
5. Ran Updgrade Script
6. Upload 3.30 files
7. Restored Settings.Txt and InstalledPlugins.Txt files
8. Restored Images folder in Content Folder
9. Tried to run webite and got the error: This webpage has a redirect loop (CHROME)
on IE, it shows connection error.

Any advice, What I am doing wrong. Please help me.
10 years ago
Hi,
Check your IIS settings, disable temporary www settings in admin configurations and check.
10 years ago
I have the same issue and I cant seem to figure this out.
10 years ago
check if your host supports .net 4.5.1 and it's enabled.
10 years ago
I know that on my shared hosting provider (1and1) it's currently set to 4/4.5, not sure about 4.5.1
I think the actual .net version being is 4.0.30319.18063

This is my first time trying nopcommerce and so far no luck.

1. to resolve my first problem I've commented out the line (seems like everone does this ?)
<!--urlCompression doStaticCompression="true" doDynamicCompression="true" /-->

I haven't touched anything else in web.config or anywhere else

2. Trying to load up the site for the first time, I'm getting an endless redirect

This webpage has a redirect loop

The webpage .... has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Error code: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Help, Au secours, На помощь
10 years ago
As stated before, contact 1 and 1 to make sure they upgraded to 4.5.1. I was very lucky, my host upgraded before I had the chance to ask. Hopefully this will take care of the problem, if not, let us know
9 years ago
I installed 3.20 on my DiscountASP.net host server (Windows 2012 IIS 8.0 .net 4.5.1).  I did not make any changes.  The store came up fine.  I made a backup of my database and 3.2 files, too.
Then stepped through the nopCommerce upgrade procedures:  uploaded the 3.30 files, replaced settings.txt and installedPlugins.txt into APP_DATA, and executed the SQL upgrade script - which ran perfectly fine without any errors.
But when I try and open my store - I get the same message:  "This webpage has a redirect loop."
I'm brand new to nopCommerce - so I need a bit more hand-holding than you seasoned vets.
HELP, PLEASE!?!
9 years ago
Just wanted to report back:  I found out from my host that .NET framework 4.5.1 is not available on all servers.  DiscountASP staff just needed me to submit a support ticket to get it installed.  I should be back in the saddle shortly.
9 years ago
Hi I am having this issue- my 3.2 site worked fine, then when I upgraded to 3.3 i had this same error. Is the problem that my server is only running the .NET framework 4.5 and not 4.5.1? Upgrading to 4.5.1 would solve this issue?

Please advise.
Thanks!
9 years ago
go to web.config and open notepad.

find the  line  <compilation targetFramework="4.5.1" />

change the line  <compilation targetFramework="4.5" />

your site will work fine.

But only problem I have is whenever you change something( product,category,etc) , then site will give you an error , however the changes also made.

I have confused and the problem continues.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.