Serialization error: Unable to find assembly 'EntityFramework

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
I do realize I am probably just grasping at straws, but this is a serious issue for us, and I must sort it out.

I changed the web.config as you suggested, and the site still functions. I will monitor my Application log and watch for the errors to appear again...hopefully they will not...

I don't have Visual Studio on our server, but I was able to get the properties for the EF in the root /bin folder:

File Description: EntityFramework
File version:  6.1.30225.0
Size:  4.93mb
Date Modified:  3/18/2014  9:36am

I began having this problem, however, with version 3.20 of nopcommerce, and a previous version of the EF:

File version:  6.0.21010.0
Size:  4.81mb
Date Modified:  10/17/2013  5:19am

Thanks,
Steve
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I presume it's somehow related to GAC.

I never tried registering the EF into the GAC while I was running 3.20...I had been optimistic that the upgrade would cause the serialization errors to cease..

I used gacutil.exe and registered the one located in the 3.30 site installation /bin directory into the GAC.

That action might have solved the problem (not sure), but it caused the fault on my development site and I had to use gacutil.exe again to unregister it. I verified again, there is now no EntityFramework.dll registered in my GAC.

This was basically a brand new Windows 2008 server installation, so I really doubt that the EF had already been registered by any other software/assemblies prior to my attempt at registering it...

Strange....
9 years ago
embryo wrote:
I changed the web.config as you suggested, and the site still functions. I will monitor my Application log and watch for the errors to appear again...hopefully they will not...

Hi Steve,

How is it going? Any errors?
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Steve,

How is it going? Any errors?

14 hours now with no errors....it is hard to be optimistic at this point, but I remain hopeful!
9 years ago
embryo wrote:
14 hours now with no errors....it is hard to be optimistic at this point, but I remain hopeful!

Great! Please write back about the progress in a couple of day
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Great! Please write back about the progress in a couple of day

No joy...within about 4 hours of my last post, I had the familiar 3 errors occur again...
However....this time, they were immediately preceded (within 3 seconds) by two other errors and a warning that I have never seen before:

I have determined that our smartertrack support site threw the first 2 errors...not the nopcommerce site...(but the warning was on the nopC site's processID)...but it seems like more than just a coincidence that they would occur immediately before the familiar 3 errors...though I am still clueless as to how to fix it..

-------------NEW ERROR-------------------------------------------
An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.
Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException

Message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_st_GlobalSettings'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.st_GlobalSettings'. The duplicate key value is (Options, thread_indexerrunning).
The statement has been terminated.

-------------NEW ERROR------------------------------------------
Application: w3wp.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Stack:...........

-------------NEW WARNING------------------------------------------
Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 5/9/2014 2:35:11 AM
Event time (UTC): 5/9/2014 9:35:11 AM
Event ID: 19596b9569b740999c93d90db31f8389
Event sequence: 1958
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/5/ROOT-1-130440982224652500
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /
    Application Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\THE_REAL_THING\
    Machine name: WIN-DDE4FB9847H

Process information:
    Process ID: 2880
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: IIS APPPOOL\MyFootShop

Exception information:
    Exception type: SqlException
    Exception message: Connection Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed during the post-login phase.  The connection could have timed out while waiting for server to complete the login process and respond; Or it could have timed out while attempting to create multiple active connections.  The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=0; handshake=7605; [Login] initialization=0; authentication=0; [Post-Login] complete=22315;

------3 seconds later-----SAME 3 ERRORS ORIGINALLY POSTED------------------------
9 years ago
embryo wrote:
Message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_st_GlobalSettings'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.st_GlobalSettings'. The duplicate key value is (Options, thread_indexerrunning).

I don't think that it's somehow related to the original question. Furthermore, I see that you're using some custom solution and tables (there's no "st_GlobalSettings" table in nopCommerce). And this error states that you're trying to insert already existing primary key into this table. Maybe, all these errors are caused by this customization? Do you experience this error on the clean default implementation?
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I don't think that it's somehow related to the original question. Furthermore, I see that you're using some custom solution and tables (there's no "st_GlobalSettings" table in nopCommerce). And this error states that you're trying to insert already existing primary key into this table. Maybe, all these errors are caused by this customization? Do you experience this error on the clean default implementation?

As I said in my previous post, the first 2 errors actually were thrown by my smartertrack support website's process ID, but those 2 errors, the warning and the original 3 errors all happened within a few seconds, which seems unlikely unless related....
9 years ago
embryo wrote:

Just manually shrinking the database log seems to have stopped the errors for me...

Steve

Same problem here. Have no clue what is going on. I see this in my Event logs:

"Autogrow of file 'nop_jevell_log' in database 'nop_jevell' was cancelled by user or timed out after 31043 milliseconds.  Use ALTER DATABASE to set a smaller FILEGROWTH value for this file or to explicitly set a new file size."

Um... My log file is like 2 megs and 400 columns, not like very big.......
9 years ago
OK, Steve, just recreating the application pool fixed the problem like you said.

Is this a Microsoft bug?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.