Product Display

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi,

I have noticed that the products displayed either come in a grid view or one product under each other.

However what happens if I want my products to be displayed like something on this site:

http://www.brandmoo.com/acatalog/BrandMoo.html

That is I want them to be displayed 3 products next to each other on each line like on the brand moo site.

How would I go about doing this in nopcommerce?

Kind Regards,

Faizan Sheikh
14 years ago
You need to create a new category template.  Look in templates/categories.  Maybe copy the ProductsInGrid and then manipulate it the way you need.

Basically you need to create a new user control and add then register the new template in the Nop_CategoryTemplate table in the database or through Content Management -> Templates - > Category Templates.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Matthew
14 years ago
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for that.

Kind Regards,
Faizan
14 years ago
Hello,

I changed the file:
\Templates\Categories\ProductsInGrid.ascx

And I changed the repeat columns to 3 which is exactly what I wanted.

Now I have the problem that the 3 boxes that contain the product images are in 1 row
but they extend and overflow across the right side of the content section which I don't want.

Is it possible to make it such that regardless of how many repeat columns that they will always
be relative to and contained within the content section ?

Kind Regards,

Faizan
14 years ago
You will need to alter the stylesheet in app_themes
14 years ago
Hi,

I have made two changes in the category.css file in the the app_themes, nop classic folder
That is namely changing the addinfo and product item width from 250px to 150px and leaving
the ProductGrid width at 550. Since I have repeatcolumns set to 3 it should be less than 550.

.CategoryPage .ProductGrid
{
  margin-bottom: 15px;
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;
  width: 550px;
  text-align: center;
}

.CategoryPage .ProductGrid .ProductItem .addInfo
{
  vertical-align: bottom;
  text-align: right;
  width: 150px;
  height: 85px;
  position: relative;
  background: rgb(247, 245, 232);
}

.CategoryPage .ProductGrid .ProductItem
{
  text-align: center;
  margin: 15px 15px 15px 15px;
  width: 150px;
  border: 1px solid rgb(232, 230, 210);
}

When I do that in firebug to get a quick preview it works. Then when I modified the category.css
file and uploaded it to my hosting web server and come back to my site it still is having the same problem.

When I check in firebug it says the width is 250px, but when I download the file again from hosting site it says
150px which is strange.

Could there be any reason for this or am I making incorrect changes?

Just confused at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Faizan Sheikh
14 years ago
Hi All,

Nevermind seems to be working now.

Kind Regards,

Faizan Sheikh
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.