Image in blog/news in 3.30

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
CheerfulCalf wrote:
Андрей,

I've downloaded that fix - upload button still is not there ;'(
Even if I remove @(canUploadPictures ? " jbimages" : null) it doesn't help...

That's wrong. You should not download that fix (you already have it applied). It fixes other issue with relative paths and removes (do not add as you need) picture upload functionality. Please read my last paragraph here
10 years ago
So what do have to download/change in order to be able to upload images?
10 years ago
Please read my last paragraph here:

Of course, you can enable picture uploading. Just open \Administration\Views\Shared\EditorTemplates\RichEditor.cshtml file file and remove the following line of code: "canUploadPictures = false;". But in this case you'll get issues when editing message templates. If you're not going to use this functionality (edit templates), then you can enable picture uploading
10 years ago
I saw it and tried it yesterday.  Anyway, I do not understand why, but now I have upload button :) Thank you all.
PS: And it is working in all browsers.
9 years ago
Is this still going to be an issue in the next release ?

I think image uploading in topics / blogs / news is quite a basic expected feature for a lot of potential new users - as is simply selecting an image that is already uploaded to the filesystem.

Asking an inexperienced user to figure out how to upload an image somehow then know where it is and how to link to it from the editor is a lot to expect -

I think a solution that doesn't involve editing code is actuall quite important.

would there be a way round this by using a different editor for the message templates ?
9 years ago
haydie wrote:
Is this still going to be an issue in the next release ?

No, picture uploading is supported in 3.40
9 years ago
Andrei
Why is that? very usefully.
8 years ago
HI, why news and blog doesn't support attached images?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.