FCKEditor upload tab

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hello,

In administration pages -> Content management -> topics-> edit "any" topic, then in FCKEditor clicking in "Insert/Edit image" button then going to Upload tab and trying to upload an image will not get the image uploaded, instead it'll keep on showing the "uploading" animation.

Is this maybe an event raised by FCKEditor control not being handled in the code or is it a FCKEditor server control bug?

Has anyone noticed this and fixed it?

Thanks,
John
14 years ago
Not sure if this is the correct solution to your problem, but...

My platform: Windows 7, VS 2008, SQL Express 2008, IIS 7

I had a lot of problems with fckeditor until I set write permissions for IIS_USRS on the "images" folder in the root of the nopCommerce site project.

Note that if you change the folder that fckeditor is using for it's default storage location, you'll need to apply IIS_USRS permissions to that folder as well, but this is probably uncommon.

Hope this helps!
14 years ago
Thanks a bunch for your reply, but I've setup IIS correctly and folder permissions too.

I've also attempted to use the latest version of FCKEditor but the "bug" still exists... I'm pretty sure it's a quick setting fix. If no one else has faced this problem I'll try and spend some time on it.

Thanks,
John
14 years ago
I have exactly the same issue. Have you found a solution to fix it ?
14 years ago
i've had that since 1.3, generally get round it by clicking browse button and the upload option from there instead. Would be nice to find a fix
14 years ago
i'm sure i read a teammember response saying there was issues with fck in general, not just with nopcommerce
14 years ago
Yes, that's true. I've tried to upgrade FCK Editor to 1.4 but the issue would still exist. When I tried a sample project from FCKEditor web page, the issue "seams" to be inexistent. That leads me to think whether there is some configuration setting missing or what...

Regardless, I don't use it... However some people with no access to server folders tried to use it and they raised the issue to me. I just don't want to spend 3 days debugging it...

It'd be nice to have a bug system like bugzilla so we could notify nopcommerce developers of issues like this.
13 years ago
Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issues and I would love to hear of any solutions or work-around.

Thanks
13 years ago
I had to give permissions to the IUSR account on the images folder. Note that in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, the old IIS_USRS account has been replaced by the IUSR account.

- Joe
13 years ago
Hello,
I can't upload pictures to server within FCKeditor.
I get HttpUnhandledException "Using themed css files requires a header control on the page" at ~/editors/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/aspx/upload.aspx?type=image
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Une exception de type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' a été levée. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: L'utilisation des fichiers css à thème nécessite un contrôle header sur la page (par exemple, <head runat="server" />). à System.Web.UI.PageTheme.SetStyleSheet() à System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) à System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) à System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) à System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) à System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) à System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) à System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() à System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) à System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) à ASP.editors_fckeditor_editor_filemanager_connectors_aspx_upload_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) dans c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\dadfe47b\d3d33fd6\App_Web_rigkdliq.1.cs:ligne 0 à System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() à System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

My web.config file contains:
<add key="FCKeditor:BasePath" value="~/editors/fckeditor/" />
<add key="FCKeditor:UserFilesPath" value="~/images/" />

The identity of my IIS pool has modification right on ~/images/
What can I do?
Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.