My Account error when trying to access

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
We've set up a test nopCom install. So far, we're able to navigate all around the store from both a user and admin login.

HOWEVER, we cannot edit the user accounts OR the default admin account. Obviously a risk in that.

Each time we click on the MY ACCOUNT link the following error occurs.

"We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time."

Please advise as to why this might happen and the best troubleshooting next step.
14 years ago
Hello,

I would like to add that I have the same problem as described above. Also I have tried to visit my account page before logging in and after and in both scenarios it is the same error page.

Also in the administration panel I am not able to edit the admin account. Even after creating additional admin account it is still no way for editing it.

Please if you know may be the problem and/or the potential solution share with us.

N.B. This is a great product and I admire the development team!
14 years ago
Please go to admin area, then System, Log. And provide us with more detailed info about this error.
14 years ago
Hello,

Sorry I did not presented specific information in my first post. Will have this in mind for future posts.
This is the system log from the web site:

Log type:  Unknown  
Severity:  11  
Message:  Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.  
Exception:  System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+. at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format) at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.GetDefaultPictureUrl(PictureTypeEnum DefaultPictureType, Int32 TargetSize) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:line 194 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.CustomerAvatarControl.BindData() in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\CustomerAvatar.ascx.cs:line 73 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.CustomerAvatarControl.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\CustomerAvatar.ascx.cs:line 54 at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.account_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\80199bf3\d4d22616\App_Web_08mx9pra.33.cs:line 0 at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)  
IP address:  79.64.92.106  
Customer:  [email protected]  
Page URL:  http://www.marketlm.com/Account.aspx  
Created on:  6/25/2009 11:09:17 AM  

Please let me know if I am able to present any additional information.
Thank you.
14 years ago
Give write permissions to images/thumbs folder
14 years ago
Fortunately my problem now is solved thanks to your advice. I have enclosed here what I have done and how the problem has been solved.

The examples with permissions are from the control panel of my hosting company.

Before making any changes when I had the problem it was the following:
Permissions for D:\inetpub\marketlm\images
Username----Read---Write----Execute-----Delete    
ASPNET----------X---------------------X      
EVERYONE-----X----------------------X    
MARKETLM------X---------X----------X------------X

Based on your advice I have made the following change first:
ASPNET----------X--------------------X      
EVERYONE------X---------X--------X    
MARKETLM------X---------X---------X---------------X

I still had the same problem, so I have decided to change the combination to the following, which solved the problem:
ASPNET----------X-------X-----------X      
EVERYONE------X--------------------X    
MARKETLM------X-------X-----------X----------------X

Obviously the write permissions should be granted to ASPNET, not to everyone and I beleive that this was actually your advice.

Thank you very much for your competent help. I beleive that other users with the same problem have now good example how to deal with it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.