Short Description in vendor email

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
This is hopefully pretty simple.

Currently we use the following for part of our vendor email.
Billing Address

%Order.BillingPhoneNumber%
%Order.BillingFirstName% %Order.BillingLastName%
%Order.BillingAddress1%
%Order.BillingCity% %Order.BillingZipPostalCode%
%Order.BillingStateProvince% %Order.BillingCountry%

Shipping Address
%Order.ShippingFirstName% %Order.ShippingLastName%
%Order.ShippingAddress1%
%Order.ShippingCity% %Order.ShippingZipPostalCode%
%Order.ShippingStateProvince% %Order.ShippingCountry%

Shipping Method: %Order.ShippingMethod%

%Order.Product(s)%

%Product.ShortDescription%

The last line is the one that i'd like to understand more, how can I show the short description for each product?
9 years ago
I don't think %Product.ShortDescription% is an available token.

In MessageTokenProvider.cs  look at ProductListToHtmlTable()  you will need to add it to the Product region.  When your notification prints you will notice the grey html portion for the one or many products.  Each product needs a description so you will need to modify the procedure to add it.  Not sure if it's available in the model you may need to modify that too.  

So;  %Product.ShortDescription% is not correct unless you sent an email for each product.

%Product.ShortDescription% is correct after you add short description to it.
9 years ago
jeffahart wrote:

%Product.ShortDescription% is correct after you add short description to it.

Meant to say %Order.Product(s)% is correct after you add short description. Long day!
9 years ago
Thanks Jeff, I was thinking that as well.  It is listed in the available tokens for that message template, but it is on a per product basis and not for each order.  I'll dig deeper into the code.

Its been a long week :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.