How to intercept event in checkout process to check product attributes?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
For some unclear reason I receive:
"Failed to add the product to the cart. Please refresh the page and try one more time."

the filter works fine for the products to be filtered on, but the onces that pass the filter fail. Any idea?
9 years ago
Quantis001 wrote:
For some unclear reason I receive:
"Failed to add the product to the cart. Please refresh the page and try one more time."

the filter works fine for the products to be filtered on, but the onces that pass the filter fail. Any idea?

It's hard to comment without debugging info / more in-depth error message. Please use breakpoint to step through the code. :)
9 years ago
Hi,

If I remove the custom IFilter I hit the breakpoint. I see in filtercontext that Result = null. Can it be that return new List<Filter>(); should not be empty?

J.

protected IEnumerable<Filter> GetFilters(string controllerNameContext, string actionNameContext)
        {
            if (IsMatch(controllerNameContext, actionNameContext))
                return new List<Filter>() { new Filter(this, FilterScope.Action, 0) };
            else
                return new List<Filter>();
        }
9 years ago
Quantis001 wrote:
Hi,

If I remove the custom IFilter I hit the breakpoint. I see in filtercontext that Result = null. Can it be that return new List<Filter>(); should not be empty?

J.

protected IEnumerable<Filter> GetFilters(string controllerNameContext, string actionNameContext)
        {
            if (IsMatch(controllerNameContext, actionNameContext))
                return new List<Filter>() { new Filter(this, FilterScope.Action, 0) };
            else
                return new List<Filter>();
        }

You can return an empty List, that means you don't want to register any filter. :)
9 years ago
Hi,

I have also a filterAttribute on the Checkout. There is works without any problem. However, AddProductToCart_Details and AddProductToCart_Catalog give this error. If I do not register the Filters, the items are added to the cart. Can it have something to do with AJAX or httppost or cache?

J.
9 years ago
Quantis001 wrote:
Hi,

I have also a filterAttribute on the Checkout. There is works without any problem. However, AddProductToCart_Details and AddProductToCart_Catalog give this error. If I do not register the Filters, the items are added to the cart. Can it have something to do with AJAX or httppost or cache?

J.

You really need to put a breakpoint on your custom addtocart method, and see what is happening. There are too many possibilities. :)
9 years ago
Hi,

Thank you for keeping point out to the debugger. I ran it again and found that it is indeed a 'caching' issue.

Or better, Single() should not be used since not all products are lease products :-(. So changed it to FirstorDefault().

THANK YOU FOR KEEPING ME SHARP(ER)!

J.

public LeaseProduct GetByPayeeIdProductId(int payeeId, int productId)
        {                        
            string key = string.Format(LEASEPRODUCTSERVICE_BY_PAYEEID_PRODUCTID_KEY, payeeId, productId);
            return _cacheManager.Get(key, () =>
            {
                var query = _leaseProductRepository.Table.Where(
                        x => x.PayeeId == payeeId && x.ProductId == productId).Single();

return query;
            });
        }
6 years ago
Hi,

I have created a Plugin successfully. now i need to Capture Checkout Event and want to run some custom  code based on needs of my Plugin on Product CheckOut.

Any sort of help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.