New topic ~ How to add a link to the information section?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
@dsnop - that is not the way to add a new resource string

this is:
haydie wrote:
go to admin
content-->management-->localisation

select language

'add new'   resource string

resource name : YourResourceString.Name       (example)
resource value : Your text fot this string
14 years ago
@haydie
k thx for this information
13 years ago
Hi, guys
Two concerns...

If we add an .aspx page to our development project e.g under Information menu and do code behind and resource stuff etc., as all suggested by dsnop in one of his previous updates.

1)
Will we have to add just the new compiled .aspx (e.g. MyNewTopic.aspx) file to my uploaded production site or add some other related updated dll file too ?

I am suspecting that by adding some new file to project, some related dll file also gets changed/updated. So will I also have to upload it to my live site ? If yes, then which dll or related file ?

2)
Also I have done all this in my development project, but I am getting link under Information Menu like "content.MyNewTopic". When I click on this link, related page is showing ok.
But I want it to appear just like "MyNewTopic".
How can I do it ? Please note that I have already added a resource with the name "MyNewTopic" in    Content Management ==> Topics from administration side.

Please guide me.

Many a thanks in advance!
13 years ago
topgun743 wrote:

1)
Will we have to add just the new compiled .aspx (e.g. MyNewTopic.aspx) file to my uploaded production site or add some other related updated dll file too ?

I am suspecting that by adding some new file to project, some related dll file also gets changed/updated. So will I also have to upload it to my live site ? If yes, then which dll or related file ?

You will have to rebuild the website and upload the entire build again.

topgun743 wrote:

2)
Also I have done all this in my development project, but I am getting link under Information Menu like "content.MyNewTopic". When I click on this link, related page is showing ok.
But I want it to appear just like "MyNewTopic".
How can I do it ? Please note that I have already added a resource with the name "MyNewTopic" in    Content Management ==> Topics from administration side.

I'm not sure how you added the name to the link, but probably it is something like this
<%=GetLocaleResourceString("content.MyNewTopic")%>
Make sure you have a resource in all enabled languages with the name content.MyNewTopic (not just MyNewTopic) and the proper translation for it.
13 years ago
Hi, thanks for the update.

I have added successfully another topic under topics section.

I have added first resource "MyNewTopic" under topics from administration side. Added its content also there.

Added a MyNewTopic.aspx page to nopCommerceStore project.
Added nopCommerce prefixed controls in this page just like in AboutUs.aspx page.

Then in InfoBlock.ascx file I added following line:

<li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/MyNewTopic.aspx")%>" >
                <%=GetLocaleResourceString("MyNewTopic")%></a></li>

For deployment, I have uploaded InfoBlock.ascx file to site's modules folder and I also uploaded nopCommerceStore.dll and nopCommerceStore.pdf files to site's bin folder.

Its working fine now.

But still one concern:
I did not add the word content before MyNewTopic in title field in topic addition form from adminstration side.
Do I have to necessarily do that ?

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.