How to Eliminate "SELECT SHIPPING METHOD" from Check Out (Only One Method Offered)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I've setup my store with only one shipping method, USPS and only one Shipping Rate Computation Method - Fixed Rate Shipping. When an item is added to the cart, the shipping price shows up right away.

However, when a customer goes to check out, after they choose/enter shipping & billing addresses the next step is "SELECT SHIPPING METHOD".  There is only one option here...yet they still have to choose the method and select next.

This seems like a wasted step.  Does anyone know of a way to have this step skipped? And move right to "Select Payment Method"?

Any help is much appreciated...I've tried to search but haven't found an answer.

Thanks,
Douglas
http://www.anklebling.com (You can check out as guest if you want to take a look)
14 years ago
You will need to alter.  Modules/CheckoutShippingMethod.ascx.cs

- Edit the page_load event.  Check to if only 1 payment method avaliable (if (shippingOptions.Count ==1))
- Set shippingOption to the only avaliable shipping item
- Response.Redirect("~/CheckoutPaymentMethod.aspx");
14 years ago
Thanks for the info.  That seems logical.  However, I'm certainly not a programmer, so I'm not really sure how to go about this correctly.  I assume I can't just do this in an editor or notepad?  Or can I?

What would be the easiest way for someone with no programming knowledge to go about this?  I don't even know what I would google to find a tutorial.

Any additional tips you could pass along?

Thanks,
Douglas
14 years ago
Download visual web developer and start there. To be fair you're probably still going to have issues as its going to be a foreign language to you :)  Maybe just stick with the way it works at present.
14 years ago
I have the same issue.  I suspect others (if not most) would as well.  Do you plan on working on a fix for this?  That is, when there is only one option, the requirement to select it does not appear.
Thanks,
Steve
14 years ago
Steve,

I do plan to try to fix this, however, I've been working on another project.  Also, since a new release is about to come out, it has been on the back burner until then.  I didn't see any reason to fix it, if I could have to re-fix it in the next release.

That said...I'm no programmer.  So I may never figure it out, but I plan to try.  I would be glad to share any info once I do.  It might be a while, as I do have a lot of changes to make after I start playing with v1.5, hopefully tomorrow.

Douglas

P.S. There is always the possibility of pooling our money and hiring someone to fix it for us.  If this is of interest to anyone pm me and maybe we can go that route as a last resort.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.