Affiliate support

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
first of all, great product. I picked your product for the technology. As I dig into it, the affiliate support you claim doe snot exist as you send it out to a third party. As anyone done any real affiliate add-on? This is a big miss and I'm considering going to zen cart even though I hate PHP.

thanx
14 years ago
According to the feature list (https://www.nopcommerce.com/FeatureList.aspx) affliate support is already implemented.  How it works I don't know.
14 years ago
very low end, or it seems at the surface. The table nop_affiliate has nothing other then name and address, no commision,no multi tier, no affialiate sales reports. This can all be written, of course, but one runs the risk of data structure changes inthe next version.
14 years ago
I am also looking for it with commisison downline, tier set up, commission payout etc. Will there be a chance of implementing in future or we have to plug it with external tool?

Thanks
Venkat
14 years ago
nopCommerce just opens a foundation for you to develope your own addons/plugins. When a customer who has been assigned an affiliate id makes an order, the order also gets the affiliate id.
To implement affiliate functionality, you don't actually need to make any changes to the nopCommerce data structure. All you need to do is building affiliate reports to meet your needs based on available business logic classes in Nop.BusinessLogic namespace.
The thumb rule is try not to change data structure and/or stored procedures as well as nopCommerce logic classes as long as it is not REALLY neccessary. You'd better build your own extension classes to implement new features. Doing this way you don't have to re-do your modification to nopCommerce all over again every time a new nopCommerce version is released.

Hope this helps

Hien Khieu
www.usasupportcenter.com
14 years ago
To:  rgama
I used to work on Zen Cart for years. In terms of database design and programming point of view, nopCommerce is  cleaner, more scalable and like you, I love asp.net because of its well organized and powerful framework. Of course, Zen cart has been around much longer than nopCommerce with big fan community but the Zen Cart development seems to be less active.

Regards

Hien
13 years ago
rgama wrote:
first of all, great product. I picked your product for the technology. As I dig into it, the affiliate support you claim doe snot exist as you send it out to a third party. As anyone done any real affiliate add-on? This is a big miss and I'm considering going to zen cart even though I hate PHP.

thanx

I found a nice affiliate add on here, there is a demo on the website.
http://s345663287.onlinehome.us/mlm-social-bug.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.