TrendyShoes1.90.1 is updating products (WARNING: avoid www.osshop.com)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Yes i know the bug well.. It has been frustrating me since our site went live..
I didn't remove the !Page.IsPostBack.. because i have no idea what Larry needed it for to get the functionality of trendy shoes right...

So im waiting for the proper fix from him...

the other thing i was thinking of doing was if the fix doesn't come soon was copying down my live DB commenting out that line and then adding all my combinations.. reuploading the db and then adding back in that line and seeing how we go..

seems like alot of work for functionality that should just work out of the box
13 years ago
larrylan wrote:
Basically I have fixed all the bugs reported but as the pending nopcommerce 1.90, i dont want to upgrade too often like twice a month.

My plan is waitting till 1.90 release and upgrade our template and release it with new features developed.

Larry,
Don´t do it. In my case, for example, will not change to 1.90 soon. We will expect this new release is stabilized to make the change from release. Moreover, we need URGENT corrections of the current template!
13 years ago
I most certainly agree I would love access to fixes rather than have to upgrade to a new trendy shoes.. i guess my main issue is there are many pieces of trendy shoes that break core functionality and rather than add features I like above would just love a stable release!

at present I can't add product attribute combinations, add stuff to a wishlist, use the one page checkout due to jquery issues, do any kind of post back on a page where a filter has been applied (throws an invalid viewstate exception i.e. trying to subscribe to a newsletter when on a product category, manufacturer or recently added products page)

the front-end stuff that breaks the backend and removes the provision of core functionality is something i think needs to be addressed before we add new features.. new features are a 'nice to have'... fixes are a 'must have'

just one person's opinion.. don't get me wrong i think Larry is providing some amazing functionality at a very reasonable price.. i just wish communication was better.. even if some kind of issue log/timeline was established with stable releases we could download..
13 years ago
thomen wrote:
I most certainly agree I would love access to fixes rather than have to upgrade to a new trendy shoes.. i guess my main issue is there are many pieces of trendy shoes that break core functionality and rather than add features I like above would just love a stable release!

at present I can't add product attribute combinations, add stuff to a wishlist, use the one page checkout due to jquery issues, do any kind of post back on a page where a filter has been applied (throws an invalid viewstate exception i.e. trying to subscribe to a newsletter when on a product category, manufacturer or recently added products page)

the front-end stuff that breaks the backend and removes the provision of core functionality is something i think needs to be addressed before we add new features.. new features are a 'nice to have'... fixes are a 'must have'

just one person's opinion.. don't get me wrong i think Larry is providing some amazing functionality at a very reasonable price.. i just wish communication was better.. even if some kind of issue log/timeline was established with stable releases we could download..

1.90 has released and we're working on it now.

And the attribute combination bug has been fixed.

Please let me know if you have detected more bugs.
13 years ago
I think new template will release within this week.

Regards.

Larry
13 years ago
Hi Larry,
thanks so very much for letting us know!

would you mind updating my downloadable products so that i get the version with the source code please because it still only lets me download the encrypted source..

would you mind announcing on the forum when it'll be available for us all in our downloadable products area.

Thanks again Larry..
13 years ago
larrylan wrote:

Regards.

Larry

Hi Larry,
This new release will support nopCommerce 1.80, 1.90 or both?

Thanks you for the news...
13 years ago
nakamoto wrote:

Regards.

Larry

Hi Larry,

Will support both 1.80 and 1.90
13 years ago
Thanks Larry.

Will there be upgrade instructions for those who already have trendy shoes implemented so we don't wipe out other customisations etc??

and how will the upgrade/new version be deployed to people with 1.8.3?

Thanks,
Tom
13 years ago
larrylan wrote:

Regards.

Larry

Hi Larry,

Will support both 1.80 and 1.90

Great Larry !!
Don't forget to remove the authentication when we open your solution in VS2010.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.