Security questions upon registration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Is there a way to set security questions upon customer registration on our nop commerce site?

Currently login details required in my website are just email address and passwords and to prevent automated signups, we have activated the reCaptcha.

I believe by adding a box with security questions, we will be able to verify their birthdate + security questions and then send them a link to recover passwords. With this link, customer's details are less susceptible to hacks etc.

Hence, is there a way to set security questions? And go through the process of verification?'

Or is there any better alternative?

Thanks in advance.
9 years ago
not sure about nop 3.4 as i never tried, but i think you should enable External authentication with facebook or google... These services are secure enough, and you dont need to worry managing your own registration process.

also, if you want, you can enable Registration method: > email validation  (configuration/customer settings).

anyway, i do believe nop should integrate asp.net identity with 2-factor authentication option for more required security situations.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.