Upgrading 3.40

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hello,
I upgraded to 3.40 but I got the following.
Can anybody haelp me?
Thanks.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.PerformFileDeploy(FileInfo plug) +9
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() +1757

[Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() +3110

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethodsCore(ICollection`1 methods, Func`1 setHostingEnvironmentCultures) +12967707
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +12967416
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath, Boolean& isRefAssemblyLoaded) +280
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +172
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +1151

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12966756
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12806561

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18408
9 years ago
Is this on your local pc, or host?
(If you're a developer, Clean/Rebuild)
9 years ago
It's on my server in serverfarm.
I just downloaded 3.40, upgraded db up to.3.40.
9 years ago
Are you using any 3rd party plugins?  Have you upgraded them too?
Does your server have .NET 4.5.1 ?
9 years ago
Oi'still usimg 2.80, but when upgrading to 3.30 in test enviroment everythong worked fine. From 3.30 to .3.40 it didn't work so O started again eotj original 2.80 db and doesn't work
9 years ago
Found A fix .

Rename the Plugin folder at this location , nopComerce is actually looking plugin folder for this and some v issue.

Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugin

should work .

thx
7 years ago
uussmmii wrote:
Found A fix .

Rename the Plugin folder at this location , nopComerce is actually looking plugin folder for this and some v issue.

Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugin

should work .

thx

This actually worked for me. I have no idea why the folder is named Plugins, but I removed the 's' and everything works fine.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.