Category is Ignoring ACL?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hello,

I am trying to setup a Wholesale side of the site. All is working great so far. I've added a Wholesale customer role. It the items I'm showing wholesale prices to, I put the retail price into the Price field of the item and adding a price tier that gives the wholesale price if the logged in user is a wholesale customer.

I'm trying to setup 2 Wholesale categories. Once that displays info to the user on how to become a wholesale client, the other is a regular category page that shows that items we have available for wholesale. Which category gets displayed depends on if the user is a wholesale customer or not.

The problem I'm having is this behavior is getting ignored! I setup one category to only show when a wholesale customer is logged in, the other is setup to display when any other type of person is logged in, but no matter how I configure this, both wholesale categories are showing up, even if I log out.

Can someone see what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Kevin
9 years ago
kevlingo wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to setup a Wholesale side of the site. All is working great so far. I've added a Wholesale customer role. It the items I'm showing wholesale prices to, I put the retail price into the Price field of the item and adding a price tier that gives the wholesale price if the logged in user is a wholesale customer.

I'm trying to setup 2 Wholesale categories. Once that displays info to the user on how to become a wholesale client, the other is a regular category page that shows that items we have available for wholesale. Which category gets displayed depends on if the user is a wholesale customer or not.

The problem I'm having is this behavior is getting ignored! I setup one category to only show when a wholesale customer is logged in, the other is setup to display when any other type of person is logged in, but no matter how I configure this, both wholesale categories are showing up, even if I log out.

Can someone see what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Kevin

Which version are you using? Please display the ACL settings you have for each category
9 years ago
Hello,

Thanks for the reply! I am using 3.40. I don't see where I can post a screen shot of the different settings, but it looks something like this:

On the Warehouse category that is only for wholesale customers, I set "Subject to ACL" to true, then only select "Wholesale Customer" (a role I created).

One the Warehouse category that is to be displayed if a wholesale customer is NOT logged in, I set "Subject to ACL" to true and check all the roles EXCEPT "Wholesale Customer".

Does that make sense? Thanks again!

Kevin
9 years ago
I figured out what was going on. I feel kinda stupid =)

First of all, I set the store up to ignore ACLs when I first configured it. The wholesale requirement came a little later and I forgot I set that!!

Once enabled, I did realize there was another problem: When I setup the ACLs for the non-wholesale category, I included all roles but the Wholesale Customer role. When assigning the wholesale role to a customer, I left the default roles enabled, so basically a wholesale customer was able to view both categories.

Anyway, thanks for letting me use the forum as a sounding board!

Kevin
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.