Import to catalog via XML from Supplier

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
This is very important in Turkey. Most people don't use nopCommerce becouse this.
They are selling their products via populer sites becouse populer sites have xml import tools. I'm one of them.
I think XML formats not important for this proccess. Only needed is a matcher for node name or attribute.
Please think about it.

<Products>
<Product>
   <Id>127375601</Id>
   <Title>SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3</Title>
   <Count>1</Count>
   <Price>1573.95</Price>
   <ParentCategory>Mobile Phones</ParentCategory>
   <SubCategory>Samsung</SubCategory>
   <FreeShipping>Bool or Yes/No</FreeShipping>
   <Used>Bool or Yes/No</Used>
   <Description>html</Description>
   <MainImage>url</MainImage>
   <Images>
      <Image>url</Image>
      <Image>url</Image>
   </Images>
   </Product>
</Products>
9 years ago
NopCommerce supports Excel import.

There are many ways to convert XML to Excel. You can surely do it with the Microsoft Office out the box.

You can even do it online:

http://xmlgrid.net/xmlToExcel.html

Still importing directly from XML in the admin panel could be an useful feature in nopCommerce.
I can see you have suggested it already so Vote 1+.
9 years ago
M.Yaman wrote:
This is very important in Turkey. Most people don't use nopCommerce becouse this.
They are selling their products via populer sites becouse populer sites have xml import tools. I'm one of them.
I think XML formats not important for this proccess. Only needed is a matcher for node name or attribute.
Please think about it.

<Products>
<Product>
   <Id>127375601</Id>
   <Title>SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3</Title>
   <Count>1</Count>
   <Price>1573.95</Price>
   <ParentCategory>Mobile Phones</ParentCategory>
   <SubCategory>Samsung</SubCategory>
   <FreeShipping>Bool or Yes/No</FreeShipping>
   <Used>Bool or Yes/No</Used>
   <Description>html</Description>
   <MainImage>url</MainImage>
   <Images>
      <Image>url</Image>
      <Image>url</Image>
   </Images>
   </Product>
</Products>

Hi,

Can you perhaps add more details what you are actually looking for? Or are you suggesting some new feature?
9 years ago
I suggesting some new feature.
Also, maybe importer might have synchronization option for already imported products.
I think it's necessary. Becouse most people taking xml from supplier and supplier have thousands products.
Manual operation is tiring and old now.
This must be important first of all.
8 years ago
I want to import my product through XML.
But as this option is not available i am trying to convert the XML file to Excel sheet.
While converting the file in excel using http://xmlgrid.net/xmlToExcel.html , it converted Excel sheet it shows data in multiple sheets under same book. What should i do to get all XML data in one single sheet with the proper order as it appears in XML file?
7 years ago
I agree this is crucial feature even for stores in europe most of suppliers have xml to feed your store copying thousands of products into excel is very very unpleasant and time consuming. Im considering to go with some other platform because of this.
7 years ago
Even if " suppliers have xml to feed " (and others I've worked with have .csv), it's not likely they all use the same format, so some conversion would be necessary anyway.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.