Custom checkout page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Not wanting to reinvent the wheel here, just want a custom onepagecheck view. Whats the best way to tackle this.
Would I need to create my own checkoutcontroller? Or is there some way to use the current OnepageCheckout as a partial view?
9 years ago
bhiers wrote:
Not wanting to reinvent the wheel here, just want a custom onepagecheck view. Whats the best way to tackle this.
Would I need to create my own checkoutcontroller? Or is there some way to use the current OnepageCheckout as a partial view?

Hi,

actually, now we are creating such a plugin - OnePageCheckout. It will be a lot different than the current one and it will have more functionality. It will be like a Single Page Application ( SPA ) - everything will be on one page and just the information in the fields will be updated.

Creating a custom onepagecheckout plugin is really painful. The current implementation of nopCommerce does not allow us just to inherit the controller and use the methods in it( actually you can use 2-3 methods, but in general it is not enough).

So, if you start a plugin for onepagecheckout you will need to start it from scratch and create or copy some of the logic that is in the controller.
9 years ago
One word.. Crap ;) Off to coding I go, thanks for the info.
9 years ago
Please check how it works our OnePageCheckout plugin: http://demo.nopcommerce.pl/
9 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:

Hi,

actually, now we are creating such a plugin - OnePageCheckout. It will be a lot different than the current one and it will have more functionality. It will be like a Single Page Application ( SPA ) - everything will be on one page and just the information in the fields will be updated.

Creating a custom onepagecheckout plugin is really painful. The current implementation of nopCommerce does not allow us just to inherit the controller and use the methods in it( actually you can use 2-3 methods, but in general it is not enough).

So, if you start a plugin for onepagecheckout you will need to start it from scratch and create or copy some of the logic that is in the controller.

I look forward to your plugin, the one on your current site: nop-templates.com is pretty good though. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.