Database transaction log grows fast

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
In my SQL server 2005, the log file can grows to 5GB quickly. In SQL 2008 server, I even cannot to "delete from nop_log".

By searching the net, I found the following which may be helpful for someone else

"To defragment the indexes to benefit the workload performance in your production environment, use the DBCC INDEXDEFRAG Transact-SQL statement instead of the DBCC DBREINDEX Transact-SQL statement. If you run the DBCC DBREINDEX statement, the transaction log may expand significantly when your SQL Server database is in Full recovery mode. Additionally, the DBCC INDEXDEGRAG statement does not hold the locks for a long time, unlike the DBCC DBREINDEX statement.
"
The maintenance job in nopCommerce uses DBREINDEX
14 years ago
Thanks for info
14 years ago
I am still trying to reduce the transaction log growth speed.

One more item notied is it would be better to use TRUNCATE TABLE instead of DELETE in stored procedure Nop_LogClear. I have changed it in our database.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.