Completely change website layout

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I may have a project starting soon and would like to use nopCommerce. However, the client has a very specific design requirement, which means I would need to completely change the layout of the default nopCommerce installation. The changes required are beyond what can be done via Themes.

So, I assume that there is a Master page(s)? Is it possible to make a significant change like this and still be able (with some work) to upgrade when new versions of NopCommerce are released? Most of the changes, if not all, will be visual rather than functional.
14 years ago
yes, you can completely alter the layout of any part but it will also involve altering the .ascx and .aspx pages - when you upgrade, you will need to apply these changes to the new version - if you keep a comprehensive list of your changes, it should be straight forward but it can be time consuming - if yo are doing it for a client, its up to you whether you offer the upgrade as included in the original price or as optional extra
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.