email ssl

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
And you said GMAIL mailbox settings are working fine and only your domain email account is not working?

Have you tried contacting the Arvixe support in regard to the mailbox?
9 years ago
i can send mail from smtp.test.com.tw, 465 to my personal email account by add an new "Send mail as:" in gmail. does it mean arvixe email smtp and pop3 works fine?
9 years ago
snoopyhome wrote:
hi,  
please help me how to set email with ssl enabled.
my web hosted in arvixe, and domain name is test.com.tw, ssl installed. i can config smtp.test.com.tw as smtp server in gmail, it works fine. but can't work in nopcommerce email setting.

email: [email protected]
user name: Shop Admin
host: test.com.tw
port: 465
user: [email protected]
password: mypassword
ssl: checked

the error message is "The operation has timed out. "

Hi snoopyhome,

For the host name please use your server name:

mail"yourservername".arvixe.com  without the quotes

The rest of your settings are good. If you are still having an issue please PM me your domain name at Arvixe and I will be able to look into your account further.

Regards,
9 years ago
updated:
arvixe customer service rpovide one and only one workable config:
host: localhost
port: 25

it's good, but we think they can do it better than that. waiting for ssl config...
9 years ago
"if you are using an email address that is local to the server you should use port 25 without encryption as the connection will not be leaving the server and is therefore secure."
James O'Hara
Technical Support
Arvixe LLC

does it mean nopcommerce installed in Arvixe can't use 465 port for email setting?
9 years ago
snoopyhome wrote:
"if you are using an email address that is local to the server you should use port 25 without encryption as the connection will not be leaving the server and is therefore secure."
James O'Hara
Technical Support
Arvixe LLC

does it mean nopcommerce installed in Arvixe can't use 465 port for email setting?

Have you tried the settings provided by Arvixe above? https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/32970/email-ssl.aspx?p=2#134618

It has nothing to do with Arvixe server. What their tech support is saying is that if you use port 25 (for email address with your domain) which will be local to the server (since your site and database is hosting on the server), you can use the port without any encryption because the connection request will be same server -> to -> same server (in other words within the same server), and hence it is secure.

Arvixe do support 465: https://support.arvixe.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/140/2/do-you-support-secure-smtp-pop-and-imap

Some useful information: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webdav_101/archive/2008/06/02/system-net-mail-with-ssl-to-authenticate-against-port-465.aspx
9 years ago
sorry for my poor English and thanks all to help me.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.