SUGGETION: Focus on design and UI of the nopcommerce.com website and nopcommerce itself

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
I also agree with the opinion given here by others.

We must need to focus on improving UI for the front-end theme as well as admin side. But without loosing the simplicity, I think minor modification and fixes that improves UI to look it more modern would be good enough. A default theme should be simple but attractive. Moreover, the bugs that johndillon reported related to admin UI are really something that causes admin / data - entry users to loose lot of time. This should be taken care while development.

I also believe nopCommerce should revamp its existing website - because when potential customer (end user) sees it, it looks like an old website.. especially when all other competitor carts are looking very modern and light. For example look at this.

Demo store sample products should be changed to reflect the newer products. The older products gives a wrong impression!

I also recommend to have a better features page with more details on each features, may be along with picture would greatly help in convincing more customer to try nopCommerce.

Showcase page on nopCommerce website needs an improvement as well. If we have more than few entries then its better to organize it per industry. May be we could have rating system on sites submitted on the showcase, and we display only the best rated few sites on default page. Moreover, the page design for the showcase page needs to be presented in better way.

Additionally, nopCommerce website should be now mobile / tabs friendly.
9 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:

Hi Krunal,

Thanks a lot for suggestions! Both of these tasks will be done soon. The new default site task is planned to be done in version 3.60. The official site will also be redesigned in several months. I cannot share more information right now but will keep you informed
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Thanks a lot for suggestions! Both of these tasks will be done soon. The new default site task is planned to be done in version 3.60. The official site will also be redesigned in several months. I cannot share more information right now but will keep you informed

Thank you for providing these information. It will be exciting to see how its done!
9 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:

I also recommend to have a better features page with more details on each features, may be along with picture would greatly help in convincing more customer to try nopCommerce.

Links in each feature to the front and back end demos where the feature is applied will also be very effective for both marketing and documentation purposes.
9 years ago
eadameg wrote:
Links in each feature to the front and back end demos where the feature is applied will also be very effective for both marketing and documentation purposes.

+1 Great idea! This helps it easy to check features who are new to nopCommerce.
8 years ago
The new default theme is almost finished. There are just two tasks left: IE8 support and new sample data. BETA testers are welcome!
8 years ago
Great !!!
8 years ago
a.m. wrote:
The new default theme is almost finished. There are just two tasks left: IE8 support and new sample data. BETA testers are welcome!

Please play with RTL (right-to-left) demo site at http://gap.hezyziv.com/ (thanks a lot to Hezy). Default LTR will be available a bit later
8 years ago
IMPORTANT: The theme is finished. BETA testers are welcome. Please find a temporary demo site of the new theme at http://new-theme-demo.nopcommerce.com/
8 years ago
It is a great theme; clean, elegant and eassy to customize. Does it have new settings from administration?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.