Sub-Categories

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I am trying to change Subcategory which dispays 3 items in a row to 4 items in a rows.
I have spent hours trying to find theme or module control its display and have not found them yet.
If any one know how to do it, would you please give me a hand?
Thanks,
TV
14 years ago
category.css

.HomePageCategoryGrid .HomePageCategoryItem
{
  text-align: center;
  margin: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
  width: 150px;
  height: auto;
  background: url('images/home-cat-bg.gif') no-repeat 0 100%;
}

Modify the Width to fit more items across, Currently they are limited by the width of the catagory grid:

.HomePageCategoryGrid
{
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;
  width: 520px;
}

Which is 520px, 150px per category block x 3 = 450 leaving only 70px remaining (you should leave 70ish remaining for spacing issues). So if you want to make it 4 across instead of 3 simply change the 150px to say 110.

However you will also then have to change the Category thumbnail image size in admin controls to 85 to be sure it fits correctly without issues.

I believe this is the work around for it, let us know if you have issues
14 years ago
There is one other issue you need to do to fit a 4th square but I can't remember what it is
I will keep searching.
14 years ago
Thank you BK, I recall that will set for Categories, but not the Subcategories.  I will try again.
14 years ago
A little further down that document is the same code for the sub catagories
14 years ago
BK, I tested it, it is for categories, not the subcategories.
14 years ago
.CategoryPage .SubCategoryGrid .SubCategoryItem
{
  text-align: center;
  margin: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
  width: 150px;
  height: auto;
  background: url('images/home-cat-bg.gif') no-repeat 0 100%;
}

Line 140

Same code style as the first but for subcategory
14 years ago
Thanks BK, I saw that Subcatergories section.  I tried many setting in that area.  Did you get more than 3 items in your subcategories?
I can display in-line 4 or 5 items of categories without any big issues, but have never successed with the sub.
14 years ago
If you make sure the thumbnail size is down at least 25px below what your subcatagory is set at (and adjust your catagory title img to reflect the new size) than you should have no issues.
14 years ago
It can display as I like now.  Thank you, BK
Tony
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.