SUGGESTION : a way for administrator to add items to cart then attach order to specific customers ac

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
SUGGESTION : a way for administrator to add items to cart then attach order to specific customers account
https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=3323

was looking for a way to do this.

to be more clear, a couple of scenarios,

1) a customer telephones with an order rather than using the internet - lets assume they have an account - you want to keep all their orders in one place so you want the order to be in the system attached to their account and of course you want to use the great PDF functionality to produce invoices etc

2)you have a wholesale business, you exhibited at a trade event and took lots of orders (hey, we live in hope!) so, the same as the example above, you want to use the cart functionality to track orders, payments, invoices and everything else (it was this scenario that promted my earlier post about admin provided invoice dates).

It's no problem if they do not have an account, you can create an account for them (and the password) but if they
already have an account then it would be great for admin  to be able to fill a basket and associate it with a specific customer.

A suggestion of how such a feature could be implemented:

We would have to make the assumption that the payment option would not be 'live' (probably something like payment by cheque, telephone etc) but we would have to go through the whole cart process anyway.

I suggest that if the user is logged in as admin then beside the 'checkout' button on ShoppingCart.aspx a checkbox or button would appear with an option 'assign order to customer' - if selected, a paged list of customers would appear. the administrator could then select the user/customer to assign the order to. The administrator would then continue through  the cart process selecting shipping methods etc but when the 'confirm' button is clicked then the order is added to the selected customers record.
14 years ago
You are moving into full-on sales order processing here. I setup a system like this using access and a bolt on cart a while back and to my mind it's really what a full blown cart should be able to do - handle all aspects of a businesses transactions : retail, wholesale, stock control, purchase orders and all.

That's what I want my cart to ultimately do. I've looked at plenty of open source carts and nopCommerce is really the only product that can be developed to do this effectively. I've got some late nights and I reckon it'll be a year before it's done but I've developed a lot of stock, ordering and accounting systems and once I get C# and sql sussed reckon I can get nopcom to do it all. I'll keep you  posted.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.