Admin UI needs a lot of love

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Import needs to be revamped.  So many bugs.  We need to be able to update existing products.  When I import it makes a duplicates.

Deleting products - Under product manager we need to be able to select multiple items to delete with a chechbox instead of going into edit and select delete on every product.

Add new products.  Need to be able to add new products right from the product text editor page instead of manage products/add new/save and navigate back to manage products/add new.  It is so redundant.
14 years ago
nopCommerce admin could defintely be improved.....but as like any open source project its a work in progress.  I personally think the nopCommerce admin section works well the way it is and I have many customers use it on a daily basis.
14 years ago
Maybe it is a learning curve, but from my use of the import from excel function it does not update current products, but instead duplicates.  So if I wish to update a product entry on lets say an oak desk, it will make another entry.

I had 215 products in the database.  I imported revisions, now I have 430 products which are duplicates.

To compound the matter deleting those old entries one at a time through the edit menu is insane.  Then I have to remap the updated products to the categories I also imagine this may effect URLs as well, thus most likely wrecking seo inbound links,  this I have yet to check.

Right now I am working on a UI to edit , update, delete.  If I get this hammered out, I will tackle the import.

A simple delete button next to each product will make it that more user friendly.

I am not knocking this though, as you said it is open source and it takes tons of time to get a ecommerce platform ironed out with all the bells and whistles.

Right now I have 3 clients lined up who want to use Nop.  It has great marketing features that other apps do not have.  Also the integrated forums and blog is a godsend.  It saves me a ton of frustration in design and integration.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.