Next "Community" version release?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I guess I missed the point that nopCommerce was going to be divided into two versions (community) and (enterprise) regardless, now that v2.0 of the enterprise edition is out, will there be another release to the Community edition shortly? (I realize this is only an hour or two ago), so I understand it might take some time.
14 years ago
This is a post mainly to the Team (Andrei in particular). I apreciate all the hard work you are putting into this great piece of software, although i and a lot of other users wish i knew know about the change in this release, at least to know what to expect and plan accordingly.

in the mean time, I am not sure if there will be a an update to the community version. The released Enterprise version includes many fixes to existsing 1.4 bugs as stated in your Release Notes (see below). as you might know, many of us have put quiet some hours into customizing the application and i am sure a lot of us have left certain parts of the application untouched simply because they were expected in the 1.5 release. now I have to get back to where i started planning to code new features and did not.

My 2 cents question is : Will there be an update to 1.4 at least with bug fxes ? both Yes and No work for me. I just need to know like many others.

Thank you in advance.

Bugs

•Import / Export bugs
•Filter by attributes
•Compare products
•'Assigned to whole order' discount (with tax enabled)
•PayPal Standard return page
•Order details page localization
•"Server cannot modify cookies after HTTP headers have been sent" error does not exist
•Google Checkout and anonymous checkout bug
•Wrong Meta Description and Meta Keywords (after Postback)
•DatePicker control - date formatting bug (not US locales)
•Login page and CAPTCHA bug in IE 6.0
•Froogle expiration date bug
•Unicode characters are now supported in PDF
•PDF invoice includes product attributes
•Google Checkout image button and SSL issue resolved
•Does not display deleted and unpublished categories in Bread Crumb
•Updated product details page (specification tab was displayed with "reviews" tab Only)
•"Navigation only for registered customers" option restrictions removed
•Downloadable products could not be downloaded by anonymous customers
•Email templates missed some shipping information
14 years ago
Well Said.
14 years ago
well we all appreciate how nopCommerce team have provided us with free open source project with all the required features in it...

well i completely understand that to keep on expecting free updated versions is not a right thing as it's not a charity, in fact we should think so far how many unpaid team hours have gone into the development ?

We have seen when this enterprise version was released today it came out to be $899 and now they have reduced the price to $399 but still it's too early to launch an enterprise version and still $399 it very expensive if we compare the changes in the enterprise version  with 1.40version.

i think the nopCommerce team should have gone with v1.5 along with bug fixes and some updates and they should have launched this enterprise version (with some more features) after getting the responses of all the users for 1.5 version.
14 years ago
I personally am very please to see that they are building a proprietary product.

For myself personally a $399 license is a much easier sell than a $899 one.

Look at "Magento" -- Enterprise license is $11,000 USD!!!!
14 years ago
jbcholdings wrote:
I personally am very please to see that they are building a proprietary product.

For myself personally a $399 license is a much easier sell than a $899 one.

Look at "Magento" -- Enterprise license is $11,000 USD!!!!

Well people who are used to of Magento, don't wanna switch to any other product like nopCommerce, in fact i remember a Magento user was asking question on this forum " why I should choose nopCommerce instead of Magento? " because he is getting almost everything in that product infact more than nopCommerce features.
See this HERE

But still talking about asp.net technology nopCommerce is one of the best product and easy to understand and modify.

But i personally feel, if nopCommerce was thinking about launching an enterprise version (PAID version), then they should have added more latest features to it which should make nopCommerce stand with all the latest website these days.

They should have included more skins, More use of java scripts, making menus hover tabs just like they have updated this nopCommerce.com menu tabs, new look of website, logo in PDF invoice, deleting multiple products at one go (as currently we have to delete one by one from admin section), importing/exporting products along with the category mapping and pictures of products , Most Important (Integration with Quickbooks) etc

These above mentioned features are still missing in the enterprise version and these are the features which all the users were asking for again and again in this forum.
14 years ago
Agreed as well...I guess I should clarify, just said I was pleased in the sense that I have thus far been happy with the product give or take a few issues, and would like to see the developers whom worked so hard continue to make it better and if they feel that they need to make some $$$ than they can and should

I'll have to decide for myself personally if the $399 is worth it for my business given the features that I already have in the community edition versus the enterprise edition.

I guess the question about next community release was directed at weather or not I should wait for some of the bug fixes (Paypal Direct shipping/IPN), which I've already solved with help from some people on this board. Or just go ahead and upgrade to enterprise and see what I get.
14 years ago
First of all, I want to say we WILL BE developing the open source edition. We plan to release the next Community Edition in 3 weeks. And it'll contain all known bugs fixed and some of improvements. There always will be the free edition!!!

I appreciate that some people are taking the time to put some detail into this and describe their needs, instead of just saying "it sucks".

Like most of open source projects, we haven’t solved the financial issues of maintaining our work. We have almost no money and no income.

But if you need full product support or some of hightlight features (such as gift cards or recurring product), then you can think about purchasing the Enterprise Edition. If you don't want to pay for the Enterprise edition, then you can use the Community Edition.

P.S. We reduced the price to $399 because we agree that $899 is too high for the first Enterprise release.
14 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
First of all, I want to say we WILL BE developing the open source edition. We plan to release the next Community Edition in 3 weeks. And it'll contain all known bugs fixed and some of improvements. There always will be the free edition!!!

I appreciate that some people are taking the time to put some detail into this and describe their needs, instead of just saying "it sucks".

Like most of open source projects, we haven’t solved the financial issues of maintaining our work. We have almost no money and no income.

But if you need full product support or some of hightlight features (such as gift cards or recurring product), then you can think about purchasing the Enterprise Edition. If you don't want to pay for the Enterprise edition, then you can use the Community Edition.

P.S. We reduced the price to $399 because we agree that $899 is too high for the first Enterprise release.

Thanks this is a good clarification! I will review the examples and consider purchasing the $399 license if I feel it fits my needs!
14 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:

hope that nopTeam will be true to their word this time. personally i feel betray. please understand what the community feel. We do understand that nopCommerce need money in order to continue this wonderful product. but you have to consider also the community.

so now that we have two version enterprise and free.  what comes next. i suggest that nop provide us a marketplace kinda dnn market place.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.