Hosting NopCommerce on Arvixe

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi BigBrother,

thanks for your reply.
I have been in touch with the support for more than 10 days.
What they have done is to check - once - my page and they tell me it load fast enough for them.
The problem is sometimes it is super fast, some other times it takes 3 minutes to load.

Now I am keeping alive my application with some external services and things seem better.

I've checked the code base this morning and I can tell you it's a little bit of a mess.

- No use of CDNs
- No scripts bundled
- Scripts loaded in the head

I get NopCommerce it's a monster and surely in terms of performances there's huge margin for improvement.

If only there was another ecommerce platform for .Net.

Alberto
9 years ago
Hi

Whilst I am no help with your problem, I appear to be experiencing the same issues on my host (123-reg), I have posted about it here https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/34490/slow-load-times.aspx

I have had no help from the hosting other than when they 'try' it and it appears to work fine.

My client is upset and I need to get some reliable hosting found elsewhere ASAP.

I was going to use Arvixe but then I read this post and that has halted my plans.

I don't know what to do now.
9 years ago
vandalo wrote:

no. the ticket has been closed.

Hi,

The changes were made by our QA team, independent of updating the ticket. No update was made to the ticket (through notes were left for the techs) as I was in direct contact with you here on this thread. Here is a link to the post: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/34426/hosting-nopcommerce-on-arvixe.aspx#140572

The issues you are experiencing with the slow start up is that the app pool is idling out from lack of visitors. This is why you will see the site load slow once and then be quick when you check it the next few times. After that first visitor hits the site the rest will have a quick visit until the app pool idles again. This is a limitation on Microsoft's part, not nopCommerce. You can setup a schedule task in your WebSitePanel to make sure it does not idle.
9 years ago
ElNevera wrote:
I was going to use Arvixe but then I read this post and that has halted my plans.

Hi,

From the thread you posted it appears your issue is that the site is slow all the time. The last issue that is being discussed here is that the site is slow at different times. My previous post explained why that happens. We do understand that it is frustrating to have issues with your site. That is why we have a presence on the nopCommerce forum and are here to provide help if it is needed. If you have any questions please PM me and I can assist you with them.

Regards,
9 years ago
noaharvixe wrote:

Hi,

From the thread you posted it appears your issue is that the site is slow all the time. The last issue that is being discussed here is that the site is slow at different times. My previous post explained why that happens. We do understand that it is frustrating to have issues with your site. That is why we have a presence on the nopCommerce forum and are here to provide help if it is needed. If you have any questions please PM me and I can assist you with them.

Regards,

Thanks for your reply, the performance I'm experiencing with 123-reg is what I'd class as 80% slow performance/downtime. They are blaming 'my' code even though it is pretty much a vanilla nop install with a few products!

Regardless, I became a new Advice customer last night :)

Cheers

Si
9 years ago
noaharvixe,

I appreciate your effort but I guess you're missing the whole point here.
I was paying 5$ a month for the PersonalClass plan. The ecommerce wasn't working. Painfully slow.
I spoke with Arvixe support and they guaranteed I wouldn't have add any problem with the BusinessClass plan.
This new plan costs 27$. We're talking about more than 5 times the price of the PersonalClass plan.

I don't want to have slightly faster ecommerce. It has to be 5 times faster otherwise there's not point of paying a lot more.
Wouldn't you agree?

As I said now I've activated pingdom to monitor (and keep alive) the app pool and things are slightly better. Here some results:

http://www.hippieshopformentera.com/HippieShopFormentera1.jpg

http://www.hippieshopformentera.com/HippieShopFormentera2.jpg

In a few days I'll publish the same ecommerce to HostForLIFE so we can have a comparison between 2 different provider without any kind of chitchat.
The thing is their business plan costs 11€ a month. That's the point you're missing here.

The only good thing in complaining about a service in a public forum is now support team answers me in about 5 minutes.

Going through this forum it seems that everyone who upgraded to the BusinessClass are not happy.

Best,

Alberto
9 years ago
Hi vandalo,

I am glad that the site is working better for you. Please note that complaining on a forum does not affect how fast your tickets will be answered in the future. We answer tickets as they come into our ticket system. Oldest are answered first. If there is a high volume it will take longer, low volume will take a shorter time. For the amount of resources that you are getting, it is not 5x as much. No where do we advertise as such either. The resources that we give are listed here:

https://support.arvixe.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/192/4/resource-usage-explained

The other part of the higher price is that you are getting far less users on your server compared to a PersonalClassASP plan. Here is one of our articles on the PersonalClass vs BusinessClass plans.

https://support.arvixe.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/44/0/what-is-the-difference-between-businessclass-and-personalclass

Also for nopCommerce clients we do make an exception on the resource limits and when needed with do increase them.

For the uptime report you provided:
Those gaps in service could have been when the server was being pinged, after the app pool idled out, and it did not respond fast enough for Pingdom. That is why we recommend setting up a schedule task in the WebSitePanel to make sure it doesn't idle (this is not something we enable by default as it isn't something that every customer needs).

We will wait for the testing results.

Regards,
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.