Windows live Writer and Nopcommerce?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Is there a way to use Windows live writer with Nopcommerce's Blog feature?  If so, how?
14 years ago
Nope!  I'm sure it could be implemented but its not included out of the box.
12 years ago
Hi,

This plugin is open source and available to the public, free of charge:

http://nopwinlive.codeplex.com
12 years ago
joe_a84 wrote:
This plugin is open source and available to the public, free of charge:

Are there, or can someone provide, install instructions for this?  Where should the files be placed? I am assuming the only files needed are: MetaWeblogAPI.ashx and CookComputing.XmlRpc.dll?

I've tried, but when I try to connect with LiveWriter, it's not working for me.  The error is below:

Can't connect to your blog service:
Server Error - The server reported an error with the following web address:
http://localhost:4399/MetaWeblogAPI.ashx
500 Internal Server Error
Please try fixing the problem and then try again.
12 years ago
Hi,

Copy the files as is into nopCommerce 2.x. SO, you need all files in App_Code, bin and the .ashx file in your project. It seems like you're missing the App_Code folder.
12 years ago
Ok.  Thx.  Now getting this error in Visual Studio:

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcService' exists in both 'c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\c444d80e\f8a5473f\CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll' and 'c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\c444d80e\f8a5473f\assembly\dl3\70e5eb41\d8d9ee30_be29cd01\CookComputing.XmlRpc.DLL'

on

Line 22:     public class MetaWeblog : XmlRpcService, IMetaWeblog
12 years ago
Ok.  Here's the answer.  Struck by a variation of DLL Hell, which I thought .net was supposed to eliminate.  Well, technically, I suppose it did, in that I couldn't compile.

CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll is also used by both Plugins\Misc.MailChimp and packages\PerceptiveMCAPI.  

By deleting it from the bin folder, the app compiles and I'm able to use Windows Writer Live as advertised.

Questions for the gurus:  

How do  you avoid this situation where multiple extensions or plugins use the same .dll creating a conflict?

Also, what would need to be done to make this this extension a plugin?

TIA,

SWW
12 years ago
I'm curious...
Did you try deleting the dll from the App_Code folder rather than the bin folder? (if that would work, it would answer your first question)
12 years ago
Not sure what you mean as there was no .dll in the App_Code folder.
12 years ago
I guess I misunderstood; I thought that's where you deployed it.
Then maybe delete from the other plugin folders
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.