Order Processing & Shipping

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
I don't know if I'm missing something here, but the order processing/shipping piece does not look properly thought through to me

We're starting to migrate customers who get hundreds of orders a day to Nop, and there's no way that they are going to want to manually create shipments for every order

We've created a plugin that automatically creates shipments based on a set of business rules which test for things like "is an item in stock?"

But manually creating shipments will need to done for some orders, but at the moment, you can create a shipment, even if the Stock Quantity is negative.

There's not even any feedback on the order processing view or create shipment view to tell a user how much free stock is available

This all seems badly thought out - and it's the only area of the framework we've felt was anything less than fantastic, but it's incredibly crucial this is right if nop wants to be adopted by higher volume sellers.

So my question is: have I missed something somewhere?
9 years ago
Hi,

I guess you are right. There are not a lot of platforms taking care of a fast logistics checkout. Maybe an idea to write a custom plugin for it and give it to Nop ?

What you basically want is a list of orders paid and partially or fully shippable. Then create a picking list, preferrably with a mobile scanner, collect the items and then pack them..and ship them including all foreign documents so that your shipments pass custom directly.

This process needs to be done fast...

J.
5 years ago
Hi

I totally agree that to create a shipment for each order manually is not the way to go.
Has anything new come up since this was posted in 2015?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.