Custom font on specific pages-have code need to know where in css file to implement

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Alright so I have several custom fonts I would like to use on the website because I hate the basic ones. I know that if I insert the below code into the CSS file I can then use my custom font: (using cool font as an example)

@font-face {
  font-family: cool_font;
  src: url('cool_font.ttf');
}

Once that's implemented I only have to insert the code as normal as shown below to make it implemented into the section.

{
  font-family: cool_font; /* no .ttf */
}

What I am wondering, is were in the style.css sheet for my theme is the smartest place to put the first bit of code??

Any help is appreciated.
14 years ago
bkindustries wrote:
Alright so I have several custom fonts I would like to use on the website because I hate the basic ones. I know that if I insert the below code into the CSS file I can then use my custom font: (using cool font as an example)

@font-face {
  font-family: cool_font;
  src: url('cool_font.ttf');
}

Once that's implemented I only have to insert the code as normal as shown below to make it implemented into the section.

{
  font-family: cool_font; /* no .ttf */
}

What I am wondering, is were in the style.css sheet for my theme is the smartest place to put the first bit of code??

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

You can use the above code, but remember IE does not support .ttf files. There is a work around which can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533034%28VS.85%29.aspx

You need to covert to EOT file to use aswell as .ttf file.

It will look like:

@font-face {
    font-family: Garamond;
    font-weight: normal;
    src: url(Garamond1.eot);
    src: local(Garamond), url('Garamond1.ttf') format('opentype'); }

Search google for .ttf to eot files.

As where to Insert in stylesheet, just use the body tag like so:

body
{
  font-family: Garamond, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;
  font-size: 12px;
  text-align: center;
  background: #444 url(images/bg_body.gif) repeat-x;
  color: #ff9933;
}

Hope this helps, mike..
14 years ago
Perfect, I did know about the work around for IE (just failed to put that in there) Just wasn't sure where to put it, Body tag works perfect though. Thanks Mike
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.