Help Showstopper PayPal GoDaddy 1.4

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Finally ready to go live and the PDT handler gives an error...

Whent back to using the sandbox to fix this.

Started with 1.3 up graded to 1.4, thought this was fixed in 1.4...
have not gone to 1.5 since it did not work on my test machine....  Broken when switching back and forth from admin and pblic store.  I'll work on that later

the infamous.
"We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.
Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time."

Also did an IPN test with the same error...
Is this something godaddy blocks?

I've check and rechecked all tthe settings I'm aware of...  I know just enough to be dangerous... :-)
14 years ago
... Nveer mind.. Figured it out.. Do I feel silly..
Turns out the leading "-" is incuded in the identity token..

Now about payment errors..

Is there a way to have an order canceled if there is a problem with a payment.  The only payment we are allowing is papal satndard?
14 years ago
yes as an admin you can always cancel any order:

go to Admin section > Sales > ORDER

select any order , click on "View"

on any order page you will see a button "Cancel Order"

the moment you will press this button, an e-mail will be sent to the person who placed that order that his/her order has been cancelled
14 years ago
what do you mean by "The only payment we are allowing is papal satndard? " please elaborate
14 years ago
The only payment method we are using is PayPal Standard.

About order status change.
My real question is that when I change the status of an order, the customer should receive an email regarding the change in status.

When a customer cancels from pay pal, he is returned to the site with an empty cart but the order is still exists in a pending status.  Admin needs to go in and manually cancel the order and an email should go out to the customer.

So far the store is up and running and accepting payments.  Need to fix the print PDF with godaddy issue...

pay pal had a place to set up PDT and IPN urls, but not the PayPalCancelHandler...  Is that entry possible?

Here is an implementation of a Karate tournament registration using store products.  

http://www.texascottonbelt.com/registration/

Built with 1.4, a copy products including all attributes would have been welcomed.  To keep down errors, I set up categories to drill down to the specific divisions/events.

Essentially there were only 3 products, 1-2 events, 3, and 4 or more.  Had to chose between individual products and use a price break or use a drop down attributes for the events...  I looks like I may have taken the long route.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.