disable Gift Cards

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
hi,
i'm not doing gift cards on the store, but during checkout, it prompt for the gift card code ... it's optional, but is there a way that i can disable it from the admin. panel? i've looked but couldn't find it ... i may have to mess w/ the codes?

thanks
14 years ago
I think nopCommerce team made it permanent when anyone check out from the store .So i guess you need to remove or dis-able code of discount coupon from the checkout page in the code.
14 years ago
Try deleting all the discount code/ coupons etc and see if still you get this option while checking out
14 years ago
i'd like to still keep the discount code, but not the gift card ... i was cheating by setting the .order-summary-content .coupon-box css to display:none ... but both of them will be hidden :-)
14 years ago
The fastest way to disable the gift cards at checkout is to open modules/OrderSummary.ascx and change line 30 to
<asp:Panel runat="server" ID="phGiftCards" CssClass="coupon-box"  Visible="false">

You're just taking the asp.net panel that has all the gift card data in and setting Visible to false.
14 years ago
oncidium wrote:
The fastest way to disable the gift cards at checkout is to open modules/OrderSummary.ascx and change line 30 to
<asp:Panel runat="server" ID="phGiftCards" CssClass="coupon-box"  Visible="false">

You're just taking the asp.net panel that has all the gift card data in and setting Visible to false.

That's exactly how I did it :)
13 years ago
what line i have to edit for remove discount box so?
13 years ago
resolved, thanks
13 years ago
For 1.8 users or higer(?). Set this value in the setting table.

Display.Checkout.GiftCardBox

to false

Regards,
Don
13 years ago
In 1.8 You can also disable it from the shopping cart by going to : configuration > global settings > other.

Uncheck "Show gift card box:"
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.