Dropdown attributes with picture

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I tried searching the forum but didn't find any discussion in regard to this

How can I set different picture for each of the dropdown item, for example
Color: Black, Red, Silver, Blue

When the user selects a different color in the dropdown, I would like to show the corresponding picture.
Thanks!
14 years ago
Please refer to this video, it gives the best explanation for adding attributes (in your case COLORS)

WATCH VIDEO

In the video they are adding attributes like Ram , Hard Disk etc, you can do the same but you will be adding colors

If you face any problem, let me know
14 years ago
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am able to add attributes to the product.  What I'm looking for is when the product is displays in the public store, when the user select the different item on the dropdown list, I would like to display different picture.  For example, if the user selects Red, I'd like to display a red case.  If the user selects Black, I'd like to display a black case.
Thank you.
14 years ago
Ok i got your point

I don't remember may be it was day before yesterday or the day when nopCommerce team launched 1.5 version, many community members were asking nopCommerce team about this feature, as they were expecting that may be in 1.5 version this feature will be there but sorry to say, currently there is no feature like that in which you select the attribute and color changes etc

BUT you can do one thing, there is 1 alternative i can suggest you

add a product, just like you add a normal product from admin section, You will notice that when you add a product after saving, it becomes a Variant

So you have to make use of variant in order to accomplish what you want

Lets say you want to give 4 color choice to your customers,

when you save a product it become a variant, so we will count it as 1st variant

not create 3 more variants and with each variant add a different color image, name your variants as, Red, Black, Blue, White (any color of your choice)

Remember Red Variant should have red colored image
Black should have Black and so on

If there is no difference in price of any color, then keep price same for each variant

after creating all the variants , it should look like this:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/525/colord.jpg    

Now, add attributes in the first most variant, as Red, Black, Blue, White and make it as dropdown, checkbox or anything

save it and go to the product page and see how it looks:

it will display 4 different images of different colors, so customers will be able to see the product in all the available colors and in the attribute they will select what color they want to when they will place any order you will get the result they chose in attribute

Your product will different colors will look like this on your website:

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8437/color23.jpg
14 years ago
Let me know if you face any problem
14 years ago
Hi Mike,

Yeah, that's what I started with.  Then I was thinking about using attribute but ran into the limitation.  No big deal right now, but I think it would be a nice feature.
Thanks again for your quick responses!
14 years ago
I ended up using the attributes and added the pictures in the product gallery.
14 years ago
Good to know that you managed to do everything
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.