Add to Cart vs Product Customization Button

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
It's kind of a misleading when you have a Product that has Specifications which require the Customer to provide input on / customize the Product prior to putting it in the Cart, but the button that they click on says "Add to Cart".

I've seen several complaints about this.  Is there a way that when a product requires user input and won't go straight into the cart that the Add to Cart button actually says Customize?

If not, what's been done before to get around this problem? Or what would you suggest?

This seems to be a really big problem with Customer Satisfaction.

Thanks!
8 years ago
You can make some customization and make it appear that way. According to me it is pretty clear. When you are buying shoes on big websites they don't have a  customize button. All they have is add to cart then you select your size.
7 years ago
has anyone come up with a solution for this issue yet? we have the same complaints, what some people may see as common sense, others do not and this add to cart button is confusing.. We have some products that do not have customizable attributes, and those work fine with "add to cart" but we have a very large amount of different products that require customers to customize or pick their specific attributes before placing into cart, is there anything out there, allowing add to cart button to be changed before moving onto product details page, where the add to cart button is appropriate. I have gone into the language and changed the text of add to cart to "view product" but that then changes the add to cart button in details page and caused even more confusion.

any help would be great.. im not a developer, and am green to all this. please excuse my confusions.

Brian
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.