Wholesale Military Supply Site, Lots of customizations.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I like that, suits what you're selling.

Needs some fine tuning to soften the impact of yellow, maybe a bit of camouflage in there !
14 years ago
So a yellow camo, or something more traditional?
14 years ago
Well I'm not a graphic designer, I go so far in my own work and if I don't like the result I get a GD to do their stuff and get it looking the way I want - at the very end of development mind you.

I think if you integrate the images from your products, camouflage does hit you straight away, you generally get a good starting point for design.

The category font is perfect for the images and the overall look seems right. I think the yellow needs some more content to stop users needing sunglasses ! Will be interesting to see the finished site.
14 years ago
good one
14 years ago
Thread below may save you from having to duplicate code for IE7/8.
14 years ago
Try forcing IE7 by adding a line of code (Google how to). We had some problems with IE8 and forcing code to display as in IE7 when browsing with IE8 fixed the problem.

Possibly a recent update to IE 8 solved our problem anyway. Not sure when that change occcured as we lost track of all the updates to IE and Win7.
14 years ago
Give this site a shot (pun intended) to view your page in different browsers.

Chad
14 years ago
Hiya, Not sure about the tank on the shopping cart page - a lot of it gets blocked out.
Maybe the tank it needs to be part of stuff below the footer - and have other info, cross promotions over the top
The progress green icons maybe better with a black background

I also think you need to contrast the buttons as they can be a little hard to find amongst all the yellow
You also see the black corners on your information button with the tank where it is.
And the information yellow text over the light coloured tank needs contrast as well.

Not ideal but there is a line to force ie8 to ie7 mode
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7"/>
in the header somewhere ?

Anyway just some things - all things in time

Kind Regards
Andy - Online Systems, Websites and Database Designs
Community Cultural Development, Business and Organisation Management - www.ArtsHunter.com.au
Hunter Region Communities online @ www.Hunter.org.au
Your local online Ticket sales outlet @ www.BigTix.com.au
14 years ago
Alright I have made the background color black on the shopping cart/checkout pages, making the text more readible. I have also now moved the newsletter/shopping cart/facebook blocks into a fourth bar beneath the header. Also the categories section was moved to the top in headermenu, and the info box was moved to the footer.
14 years ago
Hi,

I saw your website...Its nice..
You have added a field 'Username' in your registration page..

As I wanted to add 'Website' field in registration page, and did necessary changes in database,  storedprocedures and library files too but its not working for me..
I have been trying to do this from long time..

Please let me know the steps to add a new field in registration page.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.