Username Enabled

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I initially did not enable "username" feature in my nopCommerce storefront. I had initially two full admin account with e-mail address but no "usernames". As soon as I enabled the "username" feature and clicked the save button I was kicked out of the storefront. I cannot log into my storefront since I don't have username registered and cannot use the e-mail addresses.

Could you please help me resolve this issue? I believe I can always go into SQL database and change the value of "username" to '0' to make it inactive but wanted to get your opinion first since I am fairly new to this system.

Thank you,
14 years ago
If I were you I would log in manually into the sql command line and update your username that way.  Do you know how to do this?
14 years ago
No, actually I have not done this before. I would really appreciate if you can provide me with some instructions.
14 years ago
You will need the address to your database server, the database server hostname, your username and password to access your database, and your database name.

If you are running Windows, run your command prompt. Once your command prompt is open type this:

sqlcmd -H DBHostname -S DBServerAddress -U YourUsername -P YourPassword -d DBName

Make sure you type the switches in correctly. They are case sensitive.
Hit enter after you have typed this into your command prompt.  If you have entered the fields in correctly you should see this:
1>

Then type:
UPDATE Nop_Customer SET Username = 'yourUsername' WHERE Email = 'yourEmail';

Hit enter, and then type:
GO

Hit enter again. If you have entered in everything correctly you will see this:
1>

Then log in with your username and password. Voila.
For further instruction on working with the sqlcmd command prompt go to:

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3654176/SQL-Server-2005-Command-Line-Tool-SQLCMD--Part-I.htm
14 years ago
I truly appreciate your help. Thank you very much for taking the time providing me with the complete instructions.
14 years ago
You are very welcome.  I live for this stuff :-)

I'm going to school right now for Software Engineering and computer programming is my passion.  I could talk about it all day long and not get bored.  Except when I'm explaining it to my parents.  Their eyes get all glassed over when I start talking about my web development projects and it looks like they're going to fall asleep!
14 years ago
Where do you school for your Software Engineering? I obtained my degree last year. I also spend about 10 - 15 hours per day setting in front of my computer doing different activities and not getting bored. I believe we are simply addicted to the Web development.
14 years ago
I'm going to school at University of Phoenix.  I'm in front of the computer as much as I can be.  I truely love it.  My skills get better everyday.  I learn something new everyday and that keeps it fun and exciting.  Web technologies are going to continue to evolve and I want to learn as much as possible.  I think all of it is really fun.

Where did you go to school at?
14 years ago
I got my degree in Information Technologies/Visual Web Communication from the University of Phoenix. In addition to UoP I also went school to University of California, Northridge (CSUN).

How do you like UoP so far? Are you also majoring in IT/VWC?
14 years ago
I like UoP a lot.  I'm having a lot of fun with it.  I'm majoring in Information Technology/Software Engineering.  My first two classes were writing classes but my next class will be my first computer class.  YAY!  (Not first computer class ever, but my first computer class with UoP)  My next class is: BSA/310 BUSINESS SYSTEMS.  Did you take that class?  The class after that is: COMM/215 ESSENTIALS OF COLLEGE WRITING (Yuck).  Why can't it all just be about computers?  But after that COMM/215 class, it will all be computer classes!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.