New Look for 1.6version

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I guess we all need a new look in nopCommerce project as in all the versions the look/theme is same and few things decreases the quality of pages. I think we all should post our suggestions and feedback to make easy for nopCommerce team to understand our needs.

1) The http://www.zeuscart.com/ Mouse Hover Menus looks really good and something like that should be included in the themes. The grey color of menus goes with the darkOrange Theme.

2) The information Section from the left column should be move to the menus, because when we add manufacturers and categories, the information section keeps on going down the page and it makes it little useless as website visitors don't like to scroll down the pages.

3) The body-width of the page(s) should be increased, as due to the left column section, the space is quite small for the information in the body of the page. Sometimes we want to put flash and some text information on the homepage but small space creates more lines of text in the body and the decreases the width of the picture(s) and flash files that an admin wants to have on the homepage. (The body/page width in the http://www.zeuscart.com/ is perfect according to me)

4) There should be a feature in the admin section to select categories that are being displayed on the homepage because if someone has got 100 categories, it just makes the page soooo long. The feature in the admin section should allow admin to select few/more categories of admin's choice only that should be displayed on the homepage.

So, i guess the "Show on the main page:" in the Manage Category should be removed and instead of that this checkbox should be available within each category to select specific category to show on the main page:.
This feature will improve the quality of the page.    

4) There should be more than 2 default themes in nopCommerce project for the admin to select.

Hope it helps...
14 years ago
I would love to see the Information section changed some as well - If you add a section to the topics from the admin section it does not show anywhere ( unless i missed something ) It Says CMS, so lets make it that, If you add a topic it should show somewhere, Just my 2 cents... Man i do love NOP, great job everyone.....
14 years ago
Yep agreed on all points.
14 years ago
I second an editable Information section.  Could be as simple as an editor to just add in links, or perhaps more like adding topics to it like adding products to a category.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.