Automatic Recurring Payments

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I am updating the nopCommerce Braintree plugin. I'm added support for the latest js and API, with authorize, capture., refund and void (which is much more secure than the current implementation).

I've also added support for recurring payments but my understanding of how nop works is limited. I have assumed that RecurringPaymentType.Automatic means that the payment gateway is doing the automation, which Braintree does.

I've got that working OK. What I don't understand is how I would cancel a recurring payment from the back office of nop.

The Cancel button on the history tab for each recurring payment does not appear because NextPaymentDate does not have a value. But I don't see how this value gets populated if the payment gateway is automated at the gateway end.

I've extensively reviewed the PayPalDirect plugin as that is of type RecurringPaymentType.Automatic as well but I'm not getting any clues.

Anybody know how NextPaymentDate ever gets a value when RecurringPaymentType.Automatic is set?

Thanks
8 years ago
Hi,

Hope you are well. Came across your post regarding Braintree integration and recurring payments.
I've just started using Braintree as my main payment gateway and I am using the plugin provided by NopCommerce on my 3.6 store, out the box works great, but i'd like to use the recurring payments functionality, which has lead me to your post; have you managed to get this integrated and working? If you could share any ideas would be very greatful.

Kind Regards

Nick
8 years ago
Hi

I modified the built in plugin to work with the new Braintree payment nonce, and added in the code for subscription billing, refunds, cancel recurring etc.

I did this work for a site built using nop 3.5.

I don't think I can just give you this code as it has commercial value to my company, but I'd be happy explore being paid a modest fee for it.

If you're interested, please send me a PM
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.