Best (Most Useful) Plugins For Nopcommerce Website

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi,

I want to get some Nopcommerce site owners on what they think are the most useful plugins they're used. What have been the most helpful. Hopefully we can share some ideas!

These have been the most useful for me (I'm not a developer btw):

Shipping Director - worked way better than the standard UPS plugin, especially when you don't want to change your shipping policies for certain places like AK and HI. Great customer service as well. They will give you the the rules if you come to a brick wall.

Nop HTML Widgets - Great for adding images (banners) on various parts of your site, especially the product page, without having to get your developer to do it.

Nop Smart SEO - It would have taken me weeks, maybe months, to go through 1000s of products and manually type in the meta descriptions. With this plugin, you can easily set the rules.

Nop One Page Checkout - I'm on the fence about this one. While it looks better than the stock Nop Commerce checkout, they have a lot of things hard coded, including the permalink. No professional checkout says website.com/realonepagecheckout  I asked them if I could change it to website.com/checkout and they said "no." Then I complained and Nop Templates said they are working on it. If they make some adjustments to it, this will be definitely a top 5 plugin.

Anyone else have any suggestions of some good plugins they have installed that have worked great?
8 years ago
Depends on your needs and what kind of website you are creating...
8 years ago
WallpaperBlvd wrote:
Hi,

These have been the most useful for me (I'm not a developer btw):

Shipping Director - worked way better than the standard UPS plugin, especially when you don't want to change your shipping policies for certain places like AK and HI. Great customer service as well. They will give you the the rules if you come to a brick wall.

This plugin allows writing custom rules and provides great flexibility for setting up the shipping providers.
Dennis is also quick to reply and always eager to help. I guess this is very important if you are not a developer and can't write the code yourself. +1

WallpaperBlvd wrote:

Nop HTML Widgets - Great for adding images (banners) on various parts of your site, especially the product page, without having to get your developer to do it.

Since we have developed the Nop HTML Widgets plugin for nopCommerce we can only say that we are glad you find it useful!

WallpaperBlvd wrote:

Nop Smart SEO - It would have taken me weeks, maybe months, to go through 1000s of products and manually type in the meta descriptions. With this plugin, you can easily set the rules.

Again as the developers of the Nop Smart SEO plugin for nopCommerce we are glad it has saved you a lot of time.
The plugin is a real time-saver not only that it will apply the same rules on all products and lead to consistent generated meta-data but also it will generate it on the fly and will work for newly added products as well.

WallpaperBlvd wrote:

Nop One Page Checkout - I'm on the fence about this one. While it looks better than the stock Nop Commerce checkout, they have a lot of things hard coded, including the permalink. No professional checkout says website.com/realonepagecheckout  I asked them if I could change it to website.com/checkout and they said "no." Then I complained and Nop Templates said they are working on it. If they make some adjustments to it, this will be definitely a top 5 plugin.

Nop One Page Checkout plugin for nopCommerce is a plugin developed by us. I agree with you that the name "realonepagecheckout" should be changed as it can mislead customers that checkout. I don't want to go into technical details why we have selected this name but will try to explain it very simply.
Since in the nopCommerce framework there are already 2 system checkouts - general one and one page checkout.
The integrated multi step checkout uses the reserved word "checkout".
The integrated one page checkout uses the reserved word "onepagecheckout".
We can't change these "system" names as this way we will break the integrated checkouts.
How would you like the plugin checkout name to be named if none of the above can be used i.e "onestepcheckout"?
Please let me know your thoughts on this!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.