Top Navigation Menu

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

We did the same way. But we are hoping its a CMS so having a section from where admin can update/Add Page and manage content. No need any technical aspect to change in coding section any line.

Is this something NOPC provided?

Thx,
-webtech4rindia
13 years ago
No, I basically wrote my own code. Unfortunately, there are many available templates designed for nopCommerce with different features. However, you can find your way around the code.
13 years ago
Hi ,

Thanks for quick replay.

I did the same way. But it require Technical aspect. As we suppose Admin of the site dnt want to do any coding stuff. He just want to add and manage top hear pages. Will possible for him to manage navigation system.

Thanks,
-Webtech4rindia
13 years ago
I don't think there is a way you can manage your navigation other than localization from the administration section. You will have to open each module and do your work directly to the source code.
13 years ago
Hi ,

Right. We need to do coding stuff to achieve the work.

I think that should be provided to admin as NOPC something CMS type and should have these type of feature to attract.

Hope to have this feature soon.
13 years ago
I hope so too... I know there is another version of NOP that you need to pay. I wonder that version supports this feature.
13 years ago
Hi,

After reading many good tips you guys have put in the Forum, I've realized you guys are advanced developers. I am new to ASP.NET and I am still trying to change the text color on my site, but changing the color coding in CSS showed no effect at all.

Here's the site I am working on:

www.myamericanfurnituregalleries.com

I am trying to change the White text on the top right of my site where the Registration; Login; Shopping Cart; Wishlist area, but I can't seem to do it even though I know for a fact that this is the header-link section listed in the CSS file.

Also the text color in the Category and Product Title, too!

your input and help is much appreciated!
13 years ago
Congratulations that your codes worked.

May I ask that if you are putting the mentioned codes in the HeaderMenu.aspx? What else do you need to do in CSS file?

Can you give me some pointers?

Regards,

Tom
13 years ago
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to add the vistied or selected feature to the HeaderMenu on my site, but I do not know how.

Below is the link to the site I am working on so you'll have an idea:

http://www.myamericanfurnituregalleries.com

There are 2 places I modified: One is in the HeaderMenu.ascx file and the code as follow:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HeaderMenuControl"
    CodeBehind="HeaderMenu.ascx.cs" %>

<div class="headermenu">

<ul>
      <li><a class="selected" href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Default.aspx")%>">Home</a></li>
      <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Category/58-living-rooms.aspx")%>">Living</a></li>
      <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Category/34-bed-rooms.aspx")%>">Bedrooms</a></li>
      <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Category/30-dining-rooms.aspx")%>">Dining</a></li>
      <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Category/43-kids-rooms.aspx")%>">kids' Rooms</a></li>
      <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Category/53-mattresses.aspx")%>">Mattresses</a></li>
      <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Category/48-entertainment.aspx")%>">Entertainment</a></li>
      <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Category/52-home-office.aspx")%>">Home Office</a></li>
      <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/ContactUs.aspx")%>">
                   <%=GetLocaleResourceString("ContactUs.ContactUs")%></a></li>
      <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/AboutUs.aspx")%>">About Us</a></li>
    </ul>
</div>

and Two is the CSS file and the code as follow:

/*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

MASTER HEADER MENU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*/

.headermenu
{  
   background: #efebce;
   height: 34px;
   width: 960px;
}

.headermenu ul{margin: 0px auto;}

.headermenu li
{
  float: left;
  margin: 0px;
  padding: 0px;
  list-style: none;
}

/* ancors Start
---------------------*/
a{outline: none;}

a, a:link, a:visited {
color:#eeeeee;
text-decoration:none;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration:underline;
}

.headermenu li a  
{ display: block;
  float: left;
  height:26px;
  text-decoration: none;
  padding: 6px 19px 0px 19px;
  border-right: 2px solid;
  font-weight: bold;
  background: #935d29;
  color: #4c1d00;
  border-color: #935d29;
  background:transparent url('images/nav_tab_bg.png') no-repeat scroll left top;
}

.headermenu li a:hover, .headermenu li a.selected, .headermenu li a.selected:hover
{ background: #82974B;
  color: #EEE;
  border-color: #935d29;
    background:transparent url('images/nav_tab_bg.png') no-repeat scroll left top;
  background-position: 0 -34px;
}

I was hoping someone can give me some pointers on this. Thanks in advanced!
13 years ago
known issue loading it up completely.

Hi Larry,

There are 3 things I am trying to accomplish for the site I am working on:

1) Change the text throughout the entire site to (color: #4c1d00). I am having trouble with the Registration; Login; Shopping Cart; Wishlist section and the Title in product box.

2) Add the Visited and Selected feature to the HeaderMenu.

3) Redesign the Product page layout to display 4 Itemboxes instead of just two that are displaying right now.

4) Put the SearchBox back to the Header-Link, either after Wishlist or right below.

Do you think you can help me or give me some pointer?

The site I am working on:

http://myamericanfurnituregalleries.com (pls note: GoDaddy hosting is having problem so you might find it slow from time to time)

The sample site that I'd like to display 4 Itemboxes on the Product page:

http://www.roomstore.com/bedroom-furniture/bedrooms.aspx

Regards,

Tom
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.